Introductions and fish bowls

Instead of answering, Hermione stood up, brushing her robes.

"Luna, will you introduce us?" she asked, turning to Rolf.

Luna tilted her head. "But Hermione, you already know who Rolf is."

"A proper introduction would be greatly appreciated, Luna," Rolf agreed with a hint of affection.

"Well, Rolf, this is my friend, Hermione Granger, she was born in England and attended Hogwarts with me."

"Pleasure, Miss Granger," Rolf held out his hand.

Hermione reached out to shake his hand and was startled when he gently grabbed her hand with his instead. He turned her hand so that its palm was facing down and leaned over it, executing a sharp little bow, before releasing her hand. Completely blindsided, Hermione nodded back in acknowledgement and hesitantly pulled her hand back.

"Likewise... uh Mr. Scamander?" she tried to match his stiff politeness, although it felt odd calling such a young man by the title 'mister.'

Rolf turned towards Malfoy with a straight posture that would appear militant except that it was countered with clean cut clothes in warm 70s-esque prints. The overall effect was a stuffy uni professor who had taken a reverse-aging potion. Hermione couldn't decide whether to be amused or slightly intimidated by this young man.

Luna, understanding Rolf's unspoken desire, continued. "This is Draco Malfoy... he is a pureblood. He attended Hogwarts too but we weren't friends back then."

Hermione turned her attention to Malfoy to see his reaction to the exposure of his blood purity, but he was just eyeing Rolf warily. Rolf made a small bow in Malfoy's direction. Malfoy, after a moment's hesitation, mirrored the action, matching the angle, to the degree, of Rolf's bow. Afterwards, Malfoy quickly straightened and turned away. He met Hermione's eyes briefly before becoming fascinated by something over her shoulder.

She was quickly checking to make sure no one was behind her when Luna leaned closely to Hermione and said in a stage whisper, "Rolf likes to strictly follow wizard etiquette. Don't let that deter you, he is still a very nice man."

Hermione nodded back, attempting a smile at Rolf.

He returned it with a small smile of his own before interjecting a short cough and turning to Malfoy.

"Have you been formally introduced to Miss Granger?" Rolf asked.

"Er..." Malfoy turned his attention back to the group. "That won't be necessary. We don't-"

"No, this is Hermione Granger, the muggleborn who rivals any pureblood. It would be a great honour, don't you think?"

Hermione bristled and Luna placed a hand on her arm.

"Rolf still believes the wizarding community paradigm that magic is inherited incrementally instead of discretely." Luna informed her gently.

Hermione answered with a frown.

"Don't be upset, your abilities can help him begin to overcome his prejudice!" Luna whispered excitedly as Rolf introduced Malfoy to Hermione.

Hermione resisted the urge to roll her eyes but didn't remove her slight frown. She was sick of all the talk of blood purity, in any form. In the aftermath of war it had been overly focused on, even if it was in an attempt to ensure equality.

When Rolf finished the introduction Malfoy straightened and turned to face Hermione resolutely. He took a breath and reached his hand out to Hermione. Assuming that he wanted to do the same thing as Rolf, she thought about it for a second before offering her own hand. He softly cupped her hand with his and leant over it. Then his head tucked down and his lips barely grazed the back of her hand.