| Chapter Seven | The Severity of the Situation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Everyone wants to be honest but no one wants to tell the truth."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"COMMANDER!"

His eyes widen staring at Adam who laid unconscious beside him, a deep gash extending from his shoulder and across his torso, blood soaking his shirt, making it shades darker as he could see the Commander's struggled breathing. He felt rage, his hands balling into tight fists against the ground as his teeth gritted together.

"General! Behind you!" He heard a voice shout before he grabbed his sword, pushing through his pain to get himself up and strike out blindly behind him. His sword striking into flesh, cutting upwards and kicking them backward. He took a few steps forward till he heard crying behind him snapping his rage out and looking behind him seeing recruits besides the fallen Commander.

"Stay with us! Come on! Open your eyes, Commander!" They shouted. His eyes looked at Adam, his skin shades paler, lying motionless as recruits try their best to stop the bleeding. He almost went to them but heard a voice speak that brought back his anger.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen just to save a weakling from the same fate. You Sky Army fight for a cause that has outgrown your age, your Commander will die a meaningless death just like the rest of you." A voice spoke making him look out in front of him, gripping his sword handle in his hand. A dark chuckle filled the air before the voice continued, the voice belonging to a cloaked figure. "I can sense that rage, General Ellis, be careful...your kind doesn't do well when you are that angry." Ty was about to speak until a recruit grabbed his arm, making him look at them, seeing their hands coated in blood.

"G-General, we can't s-stop the bleeding. What do w-we do, the Commander's gonna die." The recruit shakily said. Ty stood frozen, staring at Adam making the figure laughed.

"And it seems like without him, you all are useless, don't worry I'll make your deaths quick." The figure said before Ty felt his instincts take over and pushed the recruit down and feeling pain spark and pulsate through him before the voice spoke again.

"The Sky Army will fall."

"The Sky Army will fall." He mumbled quietly to himself staring at the fire in the fireplace. He gritted his fangs together, in his claws holding a cracked purple amethyst amulet with a golden trim and a black cord, a dark color rash spread up their arm, hardening in some place creating a layer of skin that is almost as hard as dragon scales, a scar extending from over their right eye and down their cheek and chest, their right eye a dark purple color along with a cracked headset that hung around his neck. The rash extended up and onto their half, covering almost half their face and body. The left side of their body remained untouched, the right side wasn't so lucky. Soft footsteps coming up behind him broke him from his thoughts, a woman looking worried sat down beside him on the floor, staring at them for a moment before speaking.

"Did...Did you take your medicine yet, Ty?" They asked making Ty tense up, his eyes looking at the woman.

"And why should I? It's just delaying fate, Elise." Ty said before she bit her bottom lip at him.

"Seto said he would find a cure, you just need to keep taking the medicine he made for you until he comes back." She said to him.

"And what makes you think Seto is coming back? He's been gone for two years..." Ty said to her before his eyes looked back at the fire. She stared at him, not speaking. Ty has given up hope a long time ago, but she remained hopeful to this day that Seto would fix Ty. She looked at Ty's headphones that hung around his neck.