chapter 15

Liliana's POV

"Remy!" A tall handsome guy stands at the door.

"Lukas" Remy nods at him.

"Who is this Bella?" He asks his eyes roaming on my body openly. It makes me feel so self conscious.

Remy pulls me firmly towards him.

"This beauty is mine" he says sternly. The air is tense for a few seconds before Lukas let's us in.

My jaw drops to the floor when we get to the living room. Megan and Walter are there as well as other four people I don't know. One girl and three guys.

It doesn't look like a party so I don't know what's going on here.

"Rem is here with a hottie" one of the guy shouts. Now I feel really uncomfortable. I  not used to this kind of attention. I am usually the quiet unnoticed one. It must be this dress and this things called shoes when they should be called punishments.

"Its about time" Megan says her tone laced with something I can't decipher.

"So good to see you again Liliana" Walter beems up at me. And I am glad I know someone here who actually likes me.

"You too Walter" I say trying to sound as confident as I can, trying to ignore the prying unfamiliar eyes.

Remy introduces me to everyone except Megan and Walter seeing as I already know them. He starts with the guy that called me a hottie. He is Jason. The other two guys are Uri and Jacob. The girl is Milan, Walters girlfriend. She is very beautiful.

Remy takes a seat and I seat next to him because his still holding my hand. I am so grateful for that.

"You brought a real beauty this time" Jason says.

"Yeah! Can I have her when you are done?" Lukas adds.

"You bet he wouldn't mind sharing this one. Liliana is her..."

"Girlfriend" Remy cuts megan off. I'm pretty sure she was going to say maid.

"You don't do girlfriends" Megan says glaring at me.

"There's a first time for everything" Remy answers her.

The doorbell rings and three girls come in all looking really good. One stands out though. She is tall, finely dressed, pretty face and looks elegant.

"Guys these are Leila, Lana and Melody" lukas introduces them as they take their seats. He explains further that they do this every year. The guys and megan have been friends from way back. After college they started this reunion kind of thing so that they would keep tabs on each other.

"Shall we begin?" Lukas asks

"I'll just make a quick call be right back" Remy says and walks out. I feel so alone when he leaves my side.

Melody and Megan seem like really good friends. They hit it off right away. Laughing and talking like they've known each other for a while. Remy comes back in a little while holding a bag.

"I'll just move over there" Melody says rushing to sit on the other side of Remy.

"Wait" Megan tries to stop her.

"Talk later girl" she waves her off.

As soon as Remy settles in his spot, Melody flops next to him holding his arm drawing circles on it. This is awkward.

"I missed you" she purrs. Literary. And I want to gag.

"Melody meet my girlfriend Liliana" remy says in a straight face.

The shock on her is visible. She opens her mouth to say something but nothing comes out. She just embarrassed herself in front of everybody. I feel sorry for her. But I am still mad at Remy. Why is he angry at me because I can't walk in this shoes?. Maybe he should be dating Melody instead.

"This is for you" he hands me the bag he is carrying. I take a peek and I am extremely happy to see silver sandals. God he is an angel for bringing me this.

"Thank you" I say. I wait for the perfect opportunity to go and change.

"So guys, I think we should begin. As you all know every guy, with a girl. Rules have changed. This year truth and dare goes first sit next to your partners in a circle over there" he points to another open room. I wait for people to make their way out then I stand. Remy helps me up I'm grateful he waited for me. This is my cue to go and change this beautifully aweful shoes. Remy points out the direction to the bathroom but before I leave he pulls me closer to himself and whispers;

"This is not over"

I get goosebumps and wobble as I take my leave.

"Should I take you there?" I hear Remy ask behind me. Before I can respond, he holds my hand and walks with me to the washroom.

"Get over with it" he leaves me a the door and walks away. As soon as I make my way in someone else gets in behind me.

"I knew something was off about you but I didn't picture you for a gold digger" Megan lashes out.

"You don't know me" I spit back.

"I know you well enough to know that you slept your way around with Remy so you could get to his money and buy nice clothes and shoes. Figures! You can't even walk in those shoes"

"Yes I can" I lie defend myself.

"Cheap things will always be cheap no matter how cleaned up they are" she says and it hurts. I don't bother saying anything else she turns and leaves.

I miss mother and father. Just because we don't have money it doesn't make me cheap. I feel bad for not talking to them in a while, since Remy took away my phone. I will make a point of asking him for it later. I don't want to go out looking all miserable so I change into my new sandals and try to cheer myself up with happy thoughts.

Thank you for reading.
Don't forget to vote, share and comment.