chapter 3

Liliana's POV

Mira explains to me that yesterday mother fainted and was rushed to hospital she is okay now but she has to rest. She also needs to go to the hospital for more tests so that they can diagnose her. Meanwhile she is on medication and Mira says father is having a hard time meeting the expenses he is just glad I have a job which I don't.

I tell Mira everything about my job and ask her not to say anything to my parents. Now I feel really bad about losing my job. I can't go back home no matter what I will have to find a way so that my parents don't add to the stress they already have.

I call my dad shortly after and he tells me they are doing okay. I call him out on the lie, tell him not to stress and to take care of mother and that I will try to make ends meet. And then I talk to mother and tell her that I will pray for her quick recovery and when I get the time I will go and visit her. I also tell them how much I love them before I end the call.

Could my day get any worse.. Sadness envelopes me like trees in a dark forest and I can't suppress my tears so I let them fall and for the first time since my previous breakup I cry. Only this time I sob uncontrollably am mad at myself for not being able to help my parents and for not being able to get a sustainable job. I feel so lonely and more than anything I am worried for my parents especially my mother I just want her to be okay.

I cry myself to sleep skipping my meal. When my alarm goes off I drag myself to the bathroom. I feel like a truck ran over me when I catch a glimpse of myself on the mirror my eyes go wide. I look like a truck ran over me. I take a quick shower and don't put much effort to my looks I can see dark circles under my eyes so I try to conceal that a little. It might be my last day of work but I don't want people to know that losing my job shattered my life to pieces. I drag my zombie self out and get a cab to work.

When I get to work I find an overly excited Ashleigh apparently she met her prince charming yesterday and she is ready to spend the rest of her life with him. And then there's Sam so after I declined his offer of making out he had to seek his next prey and it so happens to be Ashleigh. I couldn't believe it when she showed me the texts.

   Your beauty could bring any man to his knees..
    You are soo beautiful Ash. I am tired of
     Pretending I don't care when I can hardly
      Concentrate on my work with you witted right
         there.

I can't bring myself to read another one after reading that one. The sad truth sinks in Sam was never into me. My cute feels like a small small smaaaall beautiful compared to Ashleigh's. There and then I decide I don't want to be friends with him anymore. I don't tell Ash about it either_ but I prefer her company now I pretty much ignore Sam the whole day. When am done with everything I leave for Walters office to finish up my clearance.

I knock gently before going in. To my dismay the man of my dreams is in Walters office again. Did I just call him that I beg to rephrase the man who caused my fall.. Wait I think it was my downfall because everything went down after I fell after he made me fall the entire day after that was ruined after he opened the door and I fell did I fall for him? The fall was bad.. Okay I need to stop that already its not making sense anymore. So the man was standing there in all his magnificent beauty and alluring eyes and commanding presence so I just found myself gawking..

   "Liliana?" Walter called me breaking my enchantment.

"I am leaving now,  I have already cleared everything" I hand him a bunch of papers

And then he looks at me with such pity like he knows how badly am hurting.. Nonetheless I hate pity it makes me feel small and weak.

"It was nice having you around Liliana"

The least I could do was nod and whisper a small 'thank you' before splinting out of the room to avoid crying before the men more like the man and the 'maaan' that could have been embarrassing. Most of the people have already left the office so I have no trouble letting my tears fall as I make my way to the elevator. Before the doors close someone else get in so I keep my head low to avoid eye contact.

I wipe my tears but some more still slip out my eyes.. I sniffle but try to stop myself when I remember I am not alone. I can sense a strong presence of the person next to me. And the person feels really close but I don't dare look with my teary eyes.

"I have a job for you tiny bunny" I know that sexy voice. I am so embarrassed to even look up so I keep my head down and don't look up. When the elevator stops he takes my hand and places something in it.

"That's my card. Call me" he says

I try to gather all the courage I can get after wiping my face and look up to thank him but he is too quick

    "Thank you" I whisper to his retreating back. He stops for a moment but doesn't look back. And then he starts walking again and just like that he is gone.

I get to my apartment after a long tiring walk. I didn't bother getting the bus or taking a cab. Still thinking about Mr gorgeous' offer I take out the card for the first time and then I see his name 'Remington Roccus' for the first time today I find myself chuckling. His name sounds funny.

I don't want to come around as a desperado so I don't call him immediately. The next day, I visit mother we spend some time together and promise to call often to check up on her and father. I decide to hunt for a job the rest of the week but I don't get lucky so I decide to call him. After a few rings he picks up..

"Hello" his silky voice comes through and I have to pinch myself to concentrate on the purpose of the call.

"Hello its Liliana, the girl you....." He doesn't even let me finish before he interrupts.

"I know. See you tomorrow. Am sending the address"
And just like that he disconnects the call. He is so rude am not sure I want to work for him. But then again its not like I have an option. I call my parents like I have been doing everyday and mother didn't go for the tests she was supposed to go to so I suspect father doesn't have the money yet and I know that because I also called Mira and she told me.

I choose clothes to wear the next day because I want to make a good first impression, I hop in bed and fall asleep dreading what's to come the next day.