chapter 4

Liliana's POV

I wake up before my alarm goes off and I check the time to make sure I did not miss anything. Its 3:15, waaay too early so I don't get out of bed. I am very nervous about today. Mr gorgeous had suddenly turned into Mr arrogant yesterday... But maybe I was mistaken he is a good man who was just in a pissy mood or in the middle of something. He did offer me a job right? That was nice of him. God knows I need this job the most now. I don't fall back asleep so I twist and turn in bed. And think about my life and think some more and think until I see the light through my window...

They say there is light at the end of the tunnel_ I hope to get to the end of my tunnel soon. I don't know how much more my fragile heart can take because it's already in pieces. I take the shortest time possible to get ready because I want to get to my interview really early. I don't my new employee to get any reason to take back his job offer.

When I get to the address I am astonished. The building is bigger than Walters. I must not be well conversant with the city because I haven't seen a building as tall as this one. And it looks brand new too. Remington must be stinking rich.. I make my way to the front desk.

"Excuse me.. I have an appointment with Remington..." I don't get to finish my question before the lady answers me in a polite tone...

"Mr Roccus' office is in level 56" There and then I am very much aware that she didn't use his first name like me.

Way to go Liliana calling your boss by his first name and you have not gotten the job yet!

I look around and everyone is in black and white clothes but they look really neat and official. I can tell they have not been given limitations with the design and the size.. Some have Way too short and tight skirts it looks the material ran out before the tailor was done. When I get to Remington's office I stop at the receptionists desk which is right outside the office I presume is his.

"Excuse me.. I am here to see Mr Roccus" I say with the politest voice I can come up with. She barely glances at me before she answers,

"He is not in"

"I can wait"

"Do you have an appointment?" She snaps sizing me up. Where do they get this barbie grumpys from? This one is gorgeous too but am not surprised that she is wearing a barely there skirt and a top that squishes her chest leaving most of it out. One wrong move and everything would pop out.

"He is expecting me"

She doesn't say anything else. She points to the lounge area and the sofa looks extremely good. When I make myself comfortable on it, I am not disappointed this must have cost a fortune.

Seconds turn into minutes and minutes turn into hours it's almost three hours since I got here. Barbie hasn't a thing to me she keeps stealing glances at me probably wondering why I am still seated there. When our eyes meet she rolls hers and gets back to her work. My stomach is starting to growl... Damn! I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

I watch Barbie get a few cups of coffee and some muffins and It bothers me that she doesn't offer to share. Two more hours go by and I am seated on that same spot. I am almost giving up but God knows I need this job.. Didn't Remy know I was going to come in today? My train of thoughts is interrupted by Barbie's sharp voice..

"Who did you say you were?"

"I didn't... I'm Li..."

"Don't you have some place else you could go to?" She cuts me off and I am not pleased about that..