chapter 12

Liliana's POV

Lindsey pushed me. All the courage I had summoned suddenly went down the drain. I really don't want any more injuries. I see her picking a knife from the counter and I raise my hands up in surrender.

"Alright! You win, I'm leaving" I say

"This time, you better do it" she walks out.

She is right this time I better do it. It's official! This girl is a psycho. Who knows what she will do to me if I insist on staying back. I rush to my room and grab all the cash I have in my room which is not a lot by the way and can barely get me home.

♪I will survive!♪♪

♪I will survive!♪♪

I sing to distract myself. I need some self assurance.

"Yeah right toadie! Get your ass out already" Lindsey yells as she passes by my room. That girl could murder me and dump me in the gutter. I better hurry up and leave before she goes crazy and does it. I can't believe she called me a witch! Me? Witch! really? To be honest if I was one I would turn her into a roach so that she would be crashed or whatever.

My heart breaks at the memory of Remy kissing her. I thought we were okay. But he just had to kiss her after she insulted me. I know he has a weird temper thing with me but I didn't think he would ever do something like that. I know Lindsey is really beautiful and she is probably right. I can never compare to her.

The gate is locked but I can't go back in. So I crouch under a flower bush making sure to stay hidden and plotting my escape. I don't want Lindsey to know I am still around. I can't let Remy know I'm leaving. God knows I don't have money to pay him back for breaching the contract. so I settle on the best plan.

Suddenly the gate starts opening slowly and my legs jerk in action I squeeze myself through the small space that is slowly becoming bigger. I notice Remy's car outside the gate but I don't turn my head. I speed down the road running for my life. I pant heavily and my legs feel a tad bit weak so I stop to take a breather.

"Liliana!" A figure is fast approaching, yelling my name. Is that..? Remy. I can see him clearly.

Shit! Keep running! My brain yells to my tired body. And it obeys picking pace.

"Liliana!"

"Stop right there!"

The sound is getting closer. I think he is catching up. I can see some buildings nearby so I rush in that direction. I pick a random place disappearing in it. It looks like a club. Go to the washrooms!. My first instinct. I ask for direction from the guy behind the counter.

" you must be having it real bad!" He chuckles. I don't bother making small talk with him. Relief washes over me when I get to the washrooms. I am certain Remy won't barge in looking for me. He wouldn't right? Wrong! Someone bangs on the door yelling..

"Liliana! Get out before I come and drag you out myself" Remy yells. I play deaf. I'm looking for ways to escape but its harder than I thought. The windows are way up high and too small I couldn't squeeze through. Why do they make it look so easy in movies?. I am the only one in the washrooms. I step on the toilet seat and try to find escape routes through the ceiling but clearly that's like impossible. Suddenly the door bursts open and I have to keep still so Remy won't know exactly where I am.

"Liliana" he yells. I remain silent.

"Come out! Am here to take you home" I think my heart flipped! He just said home.

"Liliana don't test my patience" now am shivering.

"I  swear if you don't come out I'm coming to get you"
I hear heavy footsteps and doors swinging I yelp before thinking.

"Stop! Am taking a wee wee" gosh! Could I be anymore embarrassing. That came out wrong.

I hear laughter. It sounds like he is clutching is stomach kind of laughter.

"What are you? Five" he asks

"You know this is a ladies room right?" I ask

"Care to enlighten me?" He responds.

"A room where only ladies are allowed to in and fulfill their..." He cuts me off.

"Get out am taking you home!" His voice is firm.

"Couldn't you just wait outside?. I need some privacy".

I don't hear a response. The next thing I heard was the door swinging open and me being carried out. He doesn't put me down. So I start kicking and yelling.

"Put me down. I won't run I promise" I was preparing for a fully fledged fight but I was disappointed when he put me down too quickly.

As we leave the washrooms I see a figure staring at me from the corner. It looks like a guy with a hoodie. I can't tell clearly because the corridors are dark. creepy!

The figure makes an attempt to come towards us and I jump clinging to Remy's hand.

"Missed my hands so soon bunny?" He asks amused.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was tripping and I had to hold on to something." I lie.

"I don't blame you. I know I am irresistible. I even got called a beautiful angel once" he says and drags me out with him.

I can't believe he just said that.

"Did you swallow your tongue?" He asks after a long silent walk. I didn't realize I had ran that much.

I don't answer him. I enjoy the soft sounds of my heartbeat and the warmth of being next to him.

When we get to the house Lindsey's face turns to shock when she sees me with Remy. Her face turns to me and she gives me an envious look which turns into a deathly glare.

"Miss McCartney! Pack your things and get out!"

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote and comment.