chapter 11

Remington's POV

Finally she is sleeping!. I hate the way she goes on and on about being dead. That thought gives me the chills. I stare at the sleeping beauty one more time before leaving. My body is having a strong reaction from the contact I just had with her. Damn this girl!. I head to the study to finish up some work from the office.

Something doesn't seem to add up. She is clumsy but her injuries seem more than that. I will get to the bottom of this.

"Sir!" A high pitched voice comes through the door.

"Yes Lindsey, come in" I answer without looking up.

"Your dinner is served" I can tell she is trying to sound sexy but to me it just sounds funny.

I look at the time and realize I have been sitted for close to five hours.

She leaves the door open as she approaches where I am seated. Before I can dismiss her I see movement near the door. Looks like someone is there. Liliana!. She is trying hard not to be noticed but she is doing a terrible job. I don't make it obvious that I have seen her.

"What happened to Miss Delvin yesterday when I left?" I ask Lindsey.

"I don't know sir" she says and sits on the chair opposite mine. I didn't ask her to sit.

"You were the only two people in the house. How is it that she was locked out?"

She leans forward giving me a clear view of her almost popping out chest.

"I don't know. We went to sleep at the same time. I saw her going to her room and getting in bed. I woke up thirsty and went to get a glass of water. the door was wide open so I locked it" she says and leans forward some more. Her chest! Shit! it's literally on display barely covered by the thin cloth she is wearing. She is putting on quite a show for me. I know what she is trying to do. I hear some noises by the door. And I know she is still there.

"You didn't bother checking her room first?" I ask irritated. She notices but doesn't back down.

"That girl is weird! she could have been sleep walking and forgot to lock the door. Oh my gosh! She could be a witch for all we know. That's why she went out during the wee hours of the night to perform her evil rituals. What kind of a person goes out..."

I lean impossibly closer to her. This makes her stop talking mid sentence and her voice goes all honeyed and flirtatious.

"I knew you felt the same way about me too" she says licking her lips. She thinks I want to kiss her? The nerve!

"Don't talk such rubbish! Sheer nonsense and utter trash! Cover up woman! No one asked to see all that" I say indicating the view on display. I don't wait for her reply. I glance at the door and find no movement.

" I will be down to have my dinner. Tell Miss Delvin I want to see her. You are dismissed." She pouts as she makes her way to the door.

I have this wonderful feeling in my heart. I don't know if she remembers all those things she told me before she fell asleep. Time to find out.

A soft knock comes from the door and my eyes instantly fly up to her beautiful face as she makes her way in.

"Miss Delvin, how are you feeling? I ask

"Fine thank you sir" she answers shyly.

"What were you doing out at that time of the night?"

"Lindsey must not have known that I was out so she locked the door" that is not convincing. She told me herself that Lindsey killed her.

"You are lucky an angel took care of you" I say and she gasps. So she remembers!

"Sir?" She asks in a small timid voice.

"What? Don't tell me you don't believe in guardian angels" she looks up confused.

"I do sir. But i didn't picture you as a guy who believes in such" she says gathering courage to look at me maybe she thinks I don't remember.

"How would I not when I have been called one before. A beautiful angel. I would prefer hot though because I think it suits me better. Don't you agree?"

"Sir?" I can tell she knows what I'm talking about because she stares at the floor and fiddles with her fingers blushing immensely. She looks so cute. I want to kiss her so bad.

"You will have all day off tomorrow. So you can rest and get better. Now let's go and have dinner" I notice that she is still limping so I offer her my hand to hold on to.

I plan to find out what happens when I am not around. I call Mark and make arrangements with him to install the necessary software. And its easy as Abc. We do it when Lindsey is out grocery shopping and Liliana is sleeping.

The next day at work I keep checking the footage from the house. Everything seems okay until something catches my eye. Liliana, my beautiful Liliana is in the kitchen preparing herself something to eat. Then she walks out of the kitchen and Lindsey walks in. She walks straight to where Liliana's plate is, picks it up and empties everything in the trash can. What the hell?!!.

Liliana walks in and her eyes grow big.

"Why did you do that?" She complains

"Because bitch, I can do whatever I want" Lindsey snaps at her. No one talks to my girl like that.

I can feel blood boiling in my veins. wait! I think I just called Liliana my girl and it felt so right.

"I already told you! Leave while you can! You might be Remy's bunny but I will be something bigger and better to him. You are nothing compared to me!" Lindsey yells.

Liliana cowers in fear and I expect her to walk away but she doesn't.

"Why do you want me to to leave so bad if I don't intimidate you?" She fires back at Lindsey.

"You stupid bitch!" She yells pushing liliana so hard she falls back.

I can't take it. This bitch is going to know exactly who she is messing with. No one touches my girl. I rush out of the office and head home.

Hey hey hey,
Thank you so much for reading
Don't forget to vote and comment :)❤