chapter 10

*dedicated to ecmalerie for making the wonderful cover thank you so much!*

Liliana's POV

I take slow and steady steps back to the house. My heart is beating frantically. I have known Lindsey for only a day and she scares the living daylights out of me. But that doesn't stop me from going back. I can see dark clouds gathering quick.

When I get to the front door, I try opening it but its locked. I knock but she doesn't answer. I knock again I still don't get an answer. I try going through the back but the door is locked too. What the hell?.

I try the windows but its no use. I have been locked outside. Darkness is fast approaching. I'm scared of the dark. I can't tell if it's because of the dark clouds or the encroaching night. But darkness is still darkness.

I go crazy and start banging the door really loud but Lindsey ignores me.

"Open up you crazy girl!" I yell over and over.

It feels like an hour or two have passed since I got stuck out. Lindsey has the lights turned out. A strong wind blows and I shake from the cold.

I feel sad. I didn't come to the city for this. If mother had not fallen sick I would never have accepted this kind of job. The wind is growing stronger and tiny droplets of rain fall on my face. Ten minutes later there is a heavy downpour.

I hug myself trying to find some warmth in it but fail miserably. I feel like my life is one big sad joke. I miss Mira so much and mother and father as well. The wind grows stronger and the rain heavier. They didn't say there was going to be a hailstorm.

When Remy gets back I am going to quit. I repeat over and over in my head I will pay him for three months. I can't tolerate this anymore. Sadness overwhelms me and I cry. I don't even bother to be quiet about it. I wail like a little child.

I don't know how long I have been sitting under the rain. But all my energy and strength is gone. I see bright lights up ahead and a weak smile forms on my lips. I hear something being slammed and then me being lifted from the ground. I am floating.

Next time I open my eyes I see a bright light above me. I can't believe I died so young. I didn't even get to see my children.

A figure looms above me. An angel! I am meeting my first Angel!.

"Are you my angel?" I ask

"Yeah. You can say that!" He replies. I know that voice.

"Why do you sound so familiar?" I voice half unconsciously.

"Because I am familiar" he answers. And then realization hits me.

"Oh my God!, is it you Remy?"

"Yes it's me. Now would you care to explain what you were doing under the heavy rain?"

"I'm dead. Wait! you are dead too that's why I can see you right? You are my angel? I am so lucky t have you as my angel. You know, I never got the chance to tell you how beautiful you are"

"You think I am beautiful?"

" yes you are so beautiful I could kiss you every single second. Oh no Remy, we didn't even get married. We would have had beautiful babies just like you. Can you believe I died a virgin?"

" oh no! What a waste! With all that beauty you got bunny, no one ever tapped that?"

I giggle "you think am beautiful?"

"You are fucking perfect. The most beautiful person I know"

"You are a very romantic angel. Why did you wait until I died?

"Because maybe you aren't dead" he chuckles

"I'm not? Oh hey by the way even your chuckle is sexy. I didn't know angels could flirt though"

"We are not dead" he says firmly.

"Yes we are. You are just in denial but don't worry, you will get over it. Lindsey killed me. How did you die?"

"I.. For goodness sake will you stop saying we are dead!" He sounds a little annoyed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I miss Mira and father and mother. Mother! Who's gonna pay her hospital bills?" A tear escapes my eye and I see Remy move closer to me.

He touches my forehead and then embraces me from behind and whispers "sshhh! Its gonna be alright" I snuggle closer and drift away into nothingness.

Sorry its kinda short but don't forget to vote and comment:) thank you so much for reading wonderful people.