📚 Library: Idiot Lacus (2) 📚

﹏   🐱   ﹏

“Who does even sing in the library, huh? Who do you think you are? You look like you are underclassman. Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?” Question after question streamed like a waterfall from Lacus' mouth. All the boy did was whimper at the stung on his scalp. Lacus looked up to see a frightened Mrs. Betty. “And did you know that your duty is to look after him cleaning, not singing, right?”

“Y-yeah, I do, Mr. Welt. But please—”

“Let him go, Lacus.” All of a sudden, Mika's cold tone was heard behind Lacus, making Yuu's breath hitch.

Yuu was shocked he was even there. And he knew the one that tugged at his hair was Lacus, Mika's best friend. But what surprised him the most was he was there, watching him doing those horrid dances.

Oh God, what a day.

The tugging on his hair was released after a few seconds he zoned out. Then there was a hand on his hair again, causing him to flinch and close his eyes. But when he realized it was not going to harm him, instead the hand was ruffling his hair back to the usual messy, he sighed in bliss, almost mistakenly heard like a purr.

“You really are like a kitten, you know.” Mika spoke up and Yuu opened his eyes, realizing his previous action.

“Oh, um, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ditch my punishment but, you know, it's really quiet in here, and yeah,” Yuu was caught off guard, stuttering out his excuse.

“Library is supposed to be quiet.” Lacus emphasized his words.

“Shut up, Lacus.” Mika and René said at the same time.

Lacus frowned. “Eh, why do you two team up against me? What did I do?”

“Just shut up, okay?” This time it was only René, making a move to hug him. Lacus pouted like a kick out puppy.

“Yuu, you can go back to your class.” Mika stepped back so he could get a nice view of Yuu's face.

“But I'm not done—”

“I've got you, Yuu-chan, go. ” Yuu's cheeks reddened almost immediately at the nickname.

Catching Yuu's blush, Mika was smiling at his achievement. He knew the boy was trying to hide it as he lowered his head. “Okay, thank you, Mika.” Yuu turned his gaze towards Mrs. Betty. “You too, Mrs. Betty. See you later.”

After awkwardly nodding at René and Lacus, Yuu ran out of the room. Well, he gotta impress Mika's best friends too before they become a couple, right? The boy only can dream.

“So, what did he do in here, Mrs. Betty?” Mika asked composedly.

“Mr. Lee sent him here as his punishment because he shouted and ran to the bathroom without his permission. He had a few works done here and there, Mr. Shindo. If I could, I would've sent him early to class but he insisted to stay here because he wanted to accompany me and he began to sing to make me happy because he said that I looked dull in a gloomy library.” Mrs. Betty explained with a smile latched on her lips.

Oh, that was before this morning accident happened. Interesting. Mika was not surprised at all. Yuu was full of surprise. “I guess we're done here, Mrs. Betty. Thank you for looking after him.” Mika signalled his friends to follow him.

René had tried to drag his boyfriend to get him move. He saw him stand still with arms crossed over his chest. “I won't go until someone explains to me who was that.”

“It was the boy Mika told us, babe, c'mon. Are you that naïve?” René whispered underneath his breath, hands around Lacus' one as he succeeded to pull him.

“Wait— WHAT? IT WAS THE FAMOUS YUUICHIROU?!!” Lacus squealed, eyes big and mouth hanging open.

“Yes, you idiot. You are so slow sometimes.” René gave him a peck on his lips before leaving him behind to walk beside Mika, pretending like nothing happened.

671 words