🌿 First Confession 🌿

﹏  👢  ﹏

It was the time.

Oh my goodness, I'm honestly not ready, Yuu thought.

The school had ended a few minutes ago, yet Mika still had to make his appearance. Should he chicken out? Yeah, it was the right time to do before he com—

“Hey.” Oh shit, that was Mika. Yuu bit his lip as he played with his fingers. He didn't know what to say. “Uh, you were that boy who passed out on me, right?” Yuu closed his eyes as he screamed at his subconscious. At least Mika remembered him. Oh, he didn't know what heaven feels like but he somehow knew until then. He felt like flying into the sky and falling onto a bunch of clouds' softness, sobbing in happiness, only because his crush does remember him.

A hand shook his shoulder. Yuu opened his eyes as he reminded himself he had yet to answer Mika, seeing the frown on his face. Oh, how he wanted to draw a smile on that pretty face. “Hello, I'm sure you asked me to meet you here to tell me something. Go on, then.”

Yuu sighed and blinked his eyes hard so he wouldn't space out all over again.

Focus, Yuu. He told himself internally.

“Um, Hi.” He greeted him awkwardly, shifting from one foot to the other. He wanted to say, "hey, I don't know if you know me real well. We're in the different grade, I think we have Mr. Robinson's class together? Well, I've wanted to tell you something for a while..." but his mouth opted to, “I-I'm Yuuichirou. It's so, um, nice to m-meet you.”

Yuu let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. His cheeks and neck were red in blush while his eyes were avoiding Mikaela's intimidating gaze. He didn't know what else to say. Yuu pitied himself being so awkward in front of his crush.

All Yuu heard was Mika's chuckles. It was like this moment he knew his hope was about to crumble.

“Okay, well, I'm Mikaela Shindo. Nice to meet you too.” Mika replied after he was done laughing. “I guess it was the first we met in a normal way. No offence though.”

“Yeah.” Yuu rubbed his nape. What should he say the next? He was usually very talkative and easy to make the conversation flood nicely, but not with a Mikaela in front of him. He didn't know where his words go. He bit his lip as he thought of the topic he could make a conversation with.

It was until Mika's boots caught his attention. He could give them compliments about how he likes the boots on Mika.

No, wait, he should confess his feelings, not complimenting his boots, for fuck's sake.

“Um, Mika?” Yuu raised his head until his vision was filled with Mika's chest.

Oh, he's so tall, Yuu day dreaming.

Mika just hummed, subtly asking Yuu to continue.

“I-I,” Yuu paused. “I like yo—”

Achoo!

“BLESS YOU!” Yuu was surprised, indeed. Not just because his confession was abruptly cut off by his own sneeze but he just found out that his friends were watching the whole thing. Oh God, where did the privacy go when you needed it?

“Hey, we're not supposed to do that!”

“Really? But he SNEEZED before he got on to the point, it was really close!”

“Guys, we're ruining their moment. The angle of the camera was bad enough.”

“He was so freaking awkward, I'm disgusted.”

Yuu could hear his friends' bickering behind Mika. He was sending them a death glare, looking straight past Mika's shoulder. It was until a hand made a contact with his, making him look up at the owner hand.

Mika was smiling down at him. Oh how he wished it was for a different story. “Bless you, Yuu.” There was no mocking or teasing tone he expected to hear. His thumb was stroking the back of his hand. “So what did you want to say again?”

Yuu blushed as he was trying to hide it with a scowl on his face, creating a resemblance of an adorable cat when it's mad.

Yuu drew his hand from Mika's grasp, wishing for the warmth to come back. “Shut up! I just, I like—” Yuu stopped when he heard a couple of gasps coming from his friends. He could do it, c'mon, just say those damned words!

“I.. I LIKE YOUR BOOTS, OKAY?!”

Loud laughter was exploded throughout the school. Yuu never hated his friends so much until then. He felt dejected. With the left dignity he had, Yuu stomped his feet and walked away.

Mika was left alone after that. He said thanks to Yuu for the compliment but the boy just simply ignored him. He then turned around to meet with sheepish looks the people behind him were giving him. An eyebrow was raised, “could any of you explain what just happened?”

They groaned.

825 words