The Boy In The Polka Dotted Bikini, Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

  Driving, we were driving again. Ted and I, we checked out of the motel as soon as possible and were now headed towards Ian. Just thinking about him made my heart race.  

  "Ted. Why don't we stop here and use the restrooms and stuff?" I suggested and he nodded. He has been strangely quiet for some reason. I pulled over and we climbed out. I walked in with my head down, thinking about what I was going to say to Ian when I saw him, when I ran into a hard chest.

  Memories sprung to me: running into a hard chest and looking up too see Ian. When I looked up this time, I didn't see Ian's face but a stranger's face. This stranger looked familiar but I didn't know from where. I quickly darted away from him, used the restrooms and bought some pop and chips. I headed back to the car, and climbed into the driver's seat.

  I sat, my head on the steering wheel, thinking about Ian. His smile, his laugh, his kisses, I missed him so much. I missed everything about him; I don't know what to say to him when I got to be face to face with him again.

  "Ready?" I heard Ted murmur as he got into the passenger seat. I nodded, started the engine and was off, on the road driving. We drove for several more hours, until we made it to another crappy motel. We paid for another room, not wanting to work ourselves too much. I took a quick shower and scrubbed my body clean.

   When I was done, I climbed out of the shower and dressed quickly. I went and laid down, and immediately fell asleep. I was woken up by a noise though."Ted?" I asked nervously, noticing it was completely dark. I looked, saw Ted outline on his bed, and noticed he was still sleeping, which calmed me a bit but not a lot.

  I laid down, and just as my eyes were closing, a hand was placed over my mouth. My eyes widened in panic mode; it was dark and I couldn't see the person. My heartbeat accelerated. "Don't scream," a man's voice whispered, as soon as he said don't scream, I did scream.

  A blood curling scream, but it wasn't heard since his hand was over my mouth. I felt something sticky go over my mouth, and noticed it was duct tape. Ted. Where was he? Was he dead? Was he still sleeping? I tried to swing my arm, but noticed they were being held down. I brought my knee up, and kneed him. I don't where but I hit somewhere and he fell with a thud.

  Grunting in pain, I slid off the bed and went for the light switch, turning it on quickly, a dim light filling the room. Everything stayed still.

  "Willow?" a groggy Ted asked from behind me. I spun around to see him sitting up on his single bed. A moan was heard from the other side of the bed, and my insides clenched with fear. "What's wrong?" he asked sitting up. I think his senses were kicking in, and he sensed something was wrong. Something was terribly, terribly wrong.

  "Ted. There's someone in here," I whispered. My breathing came out in gasps, as there was movement.

  "You little fucking whore!" a man growled, and let out a gasp. His voice was deep and gravely. He got off the ground. He was about six feet and big around the waist. He had some hair on his chin, a bit of a beard growing in. His hair was shaggy and fell over his eyes. His eyes glowered at us, looking down at us. Obviously, since we were like ants to him. 

  "What do you want?" Ted asked, the panic evident in his voice as he pushed me behind him.

  "The girl, I'm getting her for a friend," he said with a rotten tooth grin. I shuddered with disgust. "You either come the easy way, or hard way," he said, his patience growing thin.

  Ted whipped around, grabbing the lamp from beside us, and threw it at the big burly guy. He dodged it easily, his smile gone and replaced with a snarl. "You little rat" he snarled, and then was running towards us.  Ted and I turned around, and jumped over his bed. Something snatched my ankle though, and I fell with a crash to the ground, my head hitting the bed, as Ted made it completely over.