XI.

Remy would have thought that she would be able to sleep through the night, considering the day she had. But just like everything else in her life, sleep wasn't coming to her easily.

It was strange that it was raining so much. There wasn't a clock in the house, but Remy assumed it to be around two in the morning. The storm had probably begun around two in the afternoon, as crazy as it was. It had felt like night had fallen right after that person had entered the house after them. Then again, maybe that's what extreme storms did. They turned everything to darkness.

She began wandering the farmhouse again and found a nice window that she could watch the storm through where she wouldn't bother anyone. But yet again, she found herself being interrupted by someone walking into the room. Who it was surprised her, though, she had been expecting Jeongguk or Hoseok. Instead, it was Taehyung. He was slightly hunched over and his face was pinched in pain, but he was still walking.

"You really are a boy wonder," she said, walking to him and helping him. He smiled gratefully. It was a smile that Remy could only describe as "loopy". Then again, she couldn't blame him.

She got them to sit down on a beat-up old armchair, then made to stand up and give him some personal space. But much to her surprise, he grabbed her arm and pulled her back down with a surprisingly strong grip.

"Ow?" she said, even though it didn't hurt.

"Sorry."

"Are you okay?" she asked.

He shrugged. "What were you thinking about?"

She blinked at the strange turn in the conversation. "Why do you want to know?"

Taehyung leaned further back into the armchair with a wince. "You had that same look that Namjoon-hyung gets when he's thinking about something that's upsetting him too hard."

"There's a look?"

He nodded. "I pay attention to things like that." For some reason, it didn't seem beyond the realm of possibility. "So?" he pushed. "What were you thinking about?"

Remy shook her head. "Why do you want to know? If it's something that's upsetting you, I don't know if you want to hear it."

"Talking about things can make you feel better, everyone knows that."

It was such childish logic that it made sense. "You sure you want to be burdened by that?"

"You know, you're not a very fun person."

Remy rolled her eyes, but a small laugh managed to escape her.

"There," Taehyung said. "I made you laugh, so you have to tell me what you were thinking about."

"You run a tough bargain, Kim Taehyung."

He gave her an annoyed look. "I don't know what that means."

"Sorry. I mean," she thought about it for a moment, then gave up. "Nevermind. Anyway, I was just thinking about you, actually."

He fluttered his eyelashes, acting bashful. "Aw, you're sweet."

"Shut up. Anyway, so about you being shot-"

He made an expression of pain. "Yeah, ow."

"Will you stop interrupting?" she snapped, and he lowered his head. Well, Remy had just bossed around one of the boys of BTS. She was already starting to regret it.

"Sorry," he said.

"Anyway, what I was saying is that it's crazy that you're so, like, okay."

AmnesiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara