2010

2010

"You shouldn't eat that." Jimin says, his brows furrowed as he stares down at your plate with a low-calorie salad.

You poke the boring salad with your fork, avoiding his gaze as you shove another bite in your mouth, chewing on the dry greens, swallowing.

"Jimin, stop." You say, your eyes now fixed on his judging expression, as he leans back in the chair, almost tilting backwards as he crosses his arms, loosing balance.

You're just about to let out a laugh seeing him trip, but manage to hold your motionless face.

The cafeteria is almost empty, the roaring silence between you and your best friend filling up the room.

"You've gotten skinny. You need to eat more, I'm telling you." His voice soft, he leans in on the table grabbing ahold on your small hands, the feeling of his warm grasp tingling on your skin, as your eyes land on your fiddling fingers.

"You're not my dad. I need to loose weight before we graduate." You then say, your eyes rising to his eyesight.

He sighs at your stubbornness that he's gotten used to by now, his tongue grazing his bottom lip.

"No I'm not. But I care about you, you know that right?" His hands tightens around your smaller ones, "You look perfect just the way you are, gem. You always have."

Him using the nickname you adore, a small smile forms on your lips and he notices immediately. He grins, lifting up your chin with his delicate fingers before bopping your nose cutely.

"Chocolate muffin?" He pleads, his other hand letting go of yours as he brings them in to fold in front of his chest.

His eyes crinkle up, an adorable smile filling up his entire face, his crooked tooth getting your attention — his cheeks getting puffy and his eyes shining bright as he looks at you.

You bite your bottom lip, shaking your head at him — knowing you'll agree in the end when he's being this cute. You simply can't withstand it.

"You're the worst best friend ever." You say, tugging at his sleeve, motioning for him to follow along to the forming line to the food.

"Maybe, but you can't live without me!"

Your laughters fill the cafeteria as you move along to grab two chocolate muffins.