then

THEN

THEN

When you had your first day at school in the middle of the buzzing Busan — a totally unknown city to you — your stomach wrenched in pain, your head ached, nausea creeping up from the back of your throat.

You had just moved from Gwangju, due to your fathers new job opportunity in the dreaded big city, twice the size of your old hometown.

You took a deep breath stepping inside the doors to the busy hallway, no one noticing the unfamiliar face amongst them.

You were actually relieved that no one pointed out the new girl. The outlander.
Running a small hand through the dark-brown locks hanging loose down onto your shoulders that were now slumping down from their intense posture, you hugged the school-books tight to your chest as you moved along the crisscrossing of various students whining about being back to school.

Finding your locker, you try to press the access-code you were given at the principal's office. But it doesn't take long before you're desperately pulling on the lock, realizing the code isn't working — so you sigh to yourself, closing your eyes in frustration.

Determined as you are, you bit your lip in concentration as you try once more, now pulling in full force, making the locker jolt up in such speed that the object it hit on the way made a painful groan as it landed on the floor below you.

"Ouch!"

You hold your breath, wincing your eyes closed fast, before turning on your feet, looking to your side seeing your victim sprawled out on the ground, students running past him.

He looks at you with one eye open, his small hand massaging the sore, slowly-forming bump on his forehead.

"I—I'm so sorry!" You stammer out, your hands dropping your books onto the floor, hasting down to help the hurting boy off of the tiles.

He smiles sheepishly, his shining brown eyes almost disappearing due to the bright smile. His face round with marshmallow cheeks, that were now a pinkish tone. Lips plump and round, curving upwards still. With his flawless skin combined with the very soft and delicate features, he almost looks like a doll.

You reach out your hand for him to grab onto, which he obliges to immediately.
You smile at him, your own cheeks now burning in embarrassment towards the handsome stranger.

"First day?" He then asks, his head tilting to the side, a small smile forming on his glistening lips as his brows raise on his forehead. 

"I'm Jimin."

You exchange names and make a deal to eat lunch with each other between the breaks.

One lunch led to the other and before you knew it, Jimin was your best companion and friend around entire Busan, showing you the marvelous city and it's perks compared to Gwangju.

All of his favorite spots that also became your favorite spots.

Laughter filling the streets, the melting icecream running down your hand on the sunny days whenever he kept making you laugh, late-night swims in the open ocean.

Memories were made together in the beaming city, formed by two young teenagers with their eager search for happiness — but as long as you had each other — nothing would go wrong.

Right?