HD ~ Chapter Thirteen

Start from the beginning

He said it as a question. It was as if he wasn't sure if he had heard Zach right. It made sense considering the fact that I refused to acknowledge him the past twenty-four hours. Slowly, he walked towards the bed. "Can we talk?" he asked softly.

When I only continued to watch him, he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I know that you probably hate me right now," he said and then paused as if he expected me to deny the claim. I didn't and his eyebrows knit together before he continued. "I just want you to know that it didn't mean anything with that girl from the mall. She was just some random girl who was looking to flirt. I thought she would leave sooner if I just gave her what she wanted. I'm never going to call her! You should know that it didn't mean anything. It was all an act," he finished as he scooted closer to me.

I didn't move away from him or even flinch despite the fact that I desperately wanted to. He was lying to me. It did mean something. Guys like Cole loved when women noticed him and it didn't matter who they were. On some level, he did enjoy the attention she was giving him. If I weren't there, he would've taken what she was offering her in an instant.

"Can you just be honest with me?" I asked after another second. He seemed surprised that I had spoken, but he also looked unsure of what I was talking about. "If I wasn't around, you would've taken her some place and slept with her, right? You enjoy women that throw themselves at you," I elaborated.

Cole opened his mouth to answer and then stopped. He knew that I was being serious and that I would be able to catch him when he lied to me. At the moment, he was at a loss for words and didn't know how to respond. His eyes found mine for a moment, but I couldn't detect the emotions going through them. "I would have in the past," he said deplorably. 

My eyes narrowed and I turned my head to the window. "You're pathetic," I practically spat at him.

Any thought at pretending to reconcile with Cole in order to play him was beginning to wane. I was so overrun with many different emotions that I couldn't get a hold on anything. I should've known from the beginning that playing games with your mate was dangerous. It was impossible for me to gain full control over myself when I was with him.

A look of shock crossed his face before he glared at me. It was if he hadn't expected me to say anything and to just except the fact that he'd been a complete man whore in the past. "Why?" he ground out irritably. "Because I'm a full grown, male werewolf that has a strong, sexual drive that needs to be sated every so often?" 

That was the thing that pissed me off the most. He was playing it off as if it was okay for him to use women for their bodies just because he got hot and bothered sometimes. "You think that gives you the right to sleep around? That's not an excuse, Cole," I snapped, more angry with him than anything. "Women feel the same way, too. You think that I don't ache to have sex sometimes? But most females don't act on those urges because they will get all of these awful names associated with what they do. Yet for some reason, it's okay for men to do it," I told him crossly. 

I couldn't even begin to explain the amount of times my body has craved male attention. Ever since I turned sixteen and had the option of finding my mate, I've felt urges that women don't necessarily speak about. 

It's not the same as a dog going into heat because most werewolves are more in touch with their human sides when they aren't in their wolf form, but I can feel my hormones go haywire from time to time. My body always aches for Cole now that I've found him to be my mate, but I have enough sense to control it. Especially when I'm angry or upset with him. Still, the time I spent with him two nights ago set my body on fire.

"That's not true," he tried to protest.

I shook my head and got off the bed. "Oh, it's completely true and you know it," I said throwing my hands down by my sides. "I slept with another man before my mate, so now I'm a slut!" Cole growled lowly as I said that and I knew why. He didn't like the possibility of that despite the fact that I never would have done it. Ignoring him, I continued. "But you've slept with a countless number of women and you're a god in the eyes of all men here? Tell me how that's right!" I exclaimed.