ding-dong!

"alright, well, i've got to go," taeil said as he got up to get the door, "you know, i've got christmas day to get through and everything, and a bunch of guests waiting for me. can't believe you left me all alone, you bitch."

"hey, it wasn't just me," johnny objected, a slightly sad sort of laugh echoing over the line, "yuta and sicheng left you alone too-"

"as if that makes it any better!"

"i'm sorry... i wish i could be there with you, tae, honestly."

"it's okay," taeil replied, taking account of the serious note in johnny's voice, "have a good time with your family." he reached the front door and took a look through the peephole to see who it was. "oh, johnny, you don't mind that i invited taeyong over for christmas dinner, do you?"

"wait, what?"

"i mean, it's too late for you to mind now," taeil teased, "he's at the door."

"taeil! why didn't you tell me?"

"it's not a big deal," taeil assured him, whispering now since taeyong was on the other side of the door, "his friends are all going home for christmas so he's all alone - a bit like me, actually. so i invited him over, also to see if anything's happening with him and seulgi."

"yeah, well, you know that if he makes any moves on you i'm getting the next plane to korea to kick his ass."

"yeah, yeah, i know," taeil chuckled, "night, john, and merry christmas for tomorrow."

"oh, is it john now? alright, night, babe."

johnny hung up on him, leaving taeil blushing at the babe. he hurriedly opened the door for taeyong, anxious that he'd left him out in the cold for too long.

"merry christmas," taeyong said warmly, cheeks flushed in the cold. he held out a badly wrapped boxed-shaped gift, which taeil took from him with a thank you, come inside. taeyong stamped the snow from his shoes and ducked through the front door into the apartment.

"can i open this?" taeil asked once they were both in the kitchen checking on the food.

"of course," taeyong told him with a nod, "don't expect too much though, it's just a little something..."

taeil tore off the wrapping paper to reveal a plastic container full of freshly baked muffins. he opened the lid a crack to give the baked goods an appreciative sniff. "wow, did you bake these yourself? they smell amazing."

taeyong smiled sheepishly, scratching at his nape in embarrassment. "actually... seulgi came over last night and we baked about a hundred muffins," he admitted.

taeil couldn't help himself, raising an eyebrow and questioning, "last night?"

and taeyong's face turned even redder than before. "nothing else happened!" he insisted, "we literally just baked muffins for hours, okay? i swear."

"i've gotta admit, i'm disappointed," said taeil, shaking his head, "but thanks for the muffins. what flavour are they?"

"banana."

taeil had the sudden urge to repress a rather unpleasant flashback.

#chokeonthatbananadick.

taeil shuddered.

"taeil, open the door! i'm cold!" came the voice from outside that accompanied the rather loud banging on the front door.

"i'll get it," said taeil, "can you keep an eye on the food?"