16 | moony's makeover

(had to unpublish and republish, sorry for any confusion lol♡)
____________

"no, no, hyung, that's never gonna work."

taeil, yuta and sicheng were gathered in the lounge room of their apartment that friday evening. taeil was curled into a tiny corner of the couch, eyes glued to the tv screen whilst yuta and sicheng were flopped on the carpet. yuta was poring over a large whiteboard covered in his own messy scrawls, partly in korean and partly in japanese. sicheng was lying with his head in yuta's lap.

if taeil had glanced over, he wouldn't have been able to read either language, since yuta's handwriting was at the same level as a kindergartener.

"you're cute, cheng, but i think i would know what i'm doing when that's my favourite position," yuta argued, ruffling sicheng's hair and drawing another sketchy line on his diagram.

sicheng sat up and yawned, and promptly pointed out all of the problems with yuta's diagram. "if you go that way, it's gonna make it way easier for the right winger to intercept you..." he rambled on and on, grabbing a red whiteboard marker and scribbling in the corrections.

yuta, at first affronted by sicheng's criticism of his strategy, watched the chinese boy working hard, tongue poking out between his lips and brows furrowed in concentration. his expression shifted into a slow smile, heart melting at how adorable sicheng was.

taeil glanced down at them, starting to feel awkward at the intimate scene in the series he was watching. he tried to focus instead on sicheng's scribbles on the whiteboard, but it was all a bunch of undecipherable lines taeil couldn't understand.

"see?" sicheng finished his explanation and looked expectantly at yuta, like a puppy demanding a reward.

"i guess it makes more sense," yuta admitted, scratching at the back of his neck. "hey, how do you know so much about ice hockey anyway?"

sicheng smirked and stifled a laugh. "used to play a little," he shrugged.

"you never told me that!" yuta pounced on him in protest, both of them rolling into a giggling heap on the carpet.

"you... never... asked!" sicheng gasped for air whilst laughing hysterically under yuta's weight, wrestling to free himself and escape.

"was that the doorbell?" yuta spoke up, directing the question to taeil.

with a heavy sigh, taeil paused his episode and shuffled into the hall to check if there was anyone at the door.

yuta eyes trailed after him until taeil was round the corner. then he turned back to sicheng, breathless beneath him, and took the chance to sneak a kiss.

"stop it!" sicheng whispered anxiously, but his lips spread into a smile as he crashed them against yuta's again, grabbing a fistful of his shirt and pulling him down.

taeil, meanwhile, was peeking through the peephole on the front door, standing on his tiptoes in his slippers just to get a look. who comes calling on a friday night?

johnny seo was standing around outside, looking even taller than he usually did in blue-wash denim on denim - a pair of super skinny jeans on his long, toned legs, and a denim jacket spread across his broad shoulders.

"shit," taeil cursed under his breath. he slid down against the door until he was crouched on the floor.

he'd completely forgotten about his friday night 'date' with johnny.

"moony~?" johnny called through the door in a teasing sing-song tone.

"he's not in!" taeil answered, his voice rising at least two octaves.