15 | fashion evaluation

"i do not need a makeover," taeil protested on his way out of math the following afternoon, after johnny had broken the news to him.

"i think you'll find, moony, that you would be wrong," johnny argued, tossing him a wink as he led the way into the courtyard.

steam just about ready to whistle out of taeil's ears like a boiled kettle, he marched after the giant in a desperate effort to win the argument (and for his little legs to keep up with johnny's lankier ones).

"what exactly is wrong with my clothes?" taeil demanded, huffing and puffing both in annoyance and to catch his breath.

johnny just laughed and ran a hand through his coppery hair. "since when were they your clothes?" he teased, "i thought they belonged to your grandma."

taeil scrunched up his nose in irritation and stuck a foot in johnny's path in an attempt to trip him up. johnny glanced down and stepped over taeil's foot easily, stalking ahead again with his long strides.

"what part of 'i like what i wear' don't you understand?" taeil said with a moody hmph punctuating his sentence.

they passed through the doors of the sports hall, heading quickly down the corridor towards the ice rink. johnny had his kit bag slung over one shoulder, fresh back from the laundry. all of taeil's babbling went through one ear and out the other, and he peacefully ignored him.

"okay, okay, i get it," johnny drawled, pushing open the door to the boys locker room, "your ugly brown sweater has sentimental value. i never said you had to shred it, just don't wear it when anyone can see you in it."

taeil inhaled sharply, biting back a stream of curses. he lifted a finger in protest and marched after johnny into the locker room. "i'll have you know," he snapped, "that there is nothing wrong with that sweater and i'll wear it whenever i want to!"

"oh, so even right now?" johnny raised an eyebrow at him.

taeil looked down at the worn brown wool of the sweater, with the loose stitches and odd loops sticking out of the knit. he never claimed his grandma was a master seamstress, but it wasn't going to stop him wearing what he found comfortable.

"you have to branch out, moony," johnny told him whilst dumping his bag and getting out his hockey kit. "and so we begin step seventeen of your transformation-"

"there have not already been seventeen steps," taeil disagreed, his attitude towards johnny becoming prickly.

"can you please let me finish?" johnny breathed in frustration.

taeil shut his mouth and sighed, giving a small nod. satisfied, johnny pulled off his sweatshirt and passed it to taeil, meeting his eyes for the dramatic announcement.

"and so..." johnny began, "we begin the initial stages of... johnny's fashion evaluation."

taeil blinked at the english. "johnny's what?"

"fashion evaluation," johnny repeated, beaming at him. he translated quickly and continued. "you can't say no because you're my slave and you have to do anything i say. got it?"

"but-"

johnny shook his head and pressed a finger to taeil's gaping lips. "no, no, no, moony," he said, "when it comes to your end of our deal, there are no buts."

taeil grumbled over this, leaning against the locker opposite johnny's. only when johnny starting tugging his shirt over his head did he realise... he was in the boys locker room. again.

taeil cleared his throat and glanced around. "um... wh-where is everyone?" he asked nervously.

"who? all the hot boys with gorgeously defined abs?" johnny laughed, running a hand from the top of his jeans to his chest to emphasise the joke. "we got out of class early so they're not here yet."