20 | fairytale magic

it was like a fairytale, finally living out all of his fantasies and kissing lee taeyong. pressed together in somewhere romantic like... like... okay, maybe taeil couldn't think that far, but he was a bit busy thinking about not fucking up at that moment.

kissing lee taeyong was a lot of pressure, okay!

except, he wasn't.

johnny was caught completely off guard for a second as his brain tried to process what was happening. sure, he was the one to suggest a practise makeout in the first place, but he didn't expect for it to happen like this. he'd anticipated leaning in to kiss taeil himself, not being dragged into something out of his control.

from the start, however, it was clear taeil had pretty much zero clue what he was doing. after the first few stunned seconds, johnny helpfully took over and pressed taeil into the wall, one palm against the wallpaper and the other hand trailing up taeil's cheek and weaving itself into his hair.

taeil, utterly overwhelmed at the sensation that was currently rewiring his entire nervous system, had no idea what to do with his hands. he gripped onto johnny's shirt at first, but found himself soon exploring the tight muscles in johnny's chest.

the taller was all over him, and he was enjoying it.

taeil's lips were so kissable, johnny observed, so soft and tender. his mouth moved gently, part of him wanting to bite into those lips and completely ruin him, yet the other part of him holding back. when he finally surfaced to breathe, johnny gazed down at taeil and his flushed cheeks and closed eyes.

and he stopped.

in taeil's head, it was euphoric. he had transported himself to that party and the music had died down, and he was kissing lee taeyong. chest heaving, he would pull away and taeyong would whisper in a low, husky voice-

what would he say?

taeil opened his eyes. "w-what does he say?" he asked johnny indecisively.

"huh?" johnny blinked.

"after we kiss," taeil mumbled, blushing even harder, "what does taeyong say?"

johnny inhaled and nodded, getting back into the flow of the weird roleplay they had begun. "um, well, seeing as i'm still taeyong... i lean in, and say i didn't expect you to be such a good kisser."

taeil's eyelashes fluttered as johnny leaned in and reenacted what he was saying. "a-and what do i s-say then?"

"you say, maybe we should try it again sometime... you're not bad yourself, johnny-"

"you mean taeyong," taeil interrupted.

johnny took a step back and cleared his throat. "yeah, that's what i said," he corrected himself. "anyway, uh, that's about it. i can, um, call you a cab home if you want..."

"oh."

johnny stumbled another few steps backwards and scratched at the back of his head, trying to look anywhere but taeil's gaze. "sorry, i guess what happens next is up to him," he added, seeing as he'd cut off the hopeless pretending without any warning.

still a warm pink, taeil stuffed a piece of toast in his mouth and chewed on it whilst he waited for his heart to slow down a little. "it's fine," he said eventually, "i can walk back, it's not that far..."

johnny scoffed. "it's a good few blocks," he argued, "and you can't carry all that shopping all by yourself."

johnny turned his back on the shorter boy and stalked into the living room to find his wallet. obviously he wasn't going to let taeil pay for the taxi. but something made him hesitate. maybe he should walk him home instead, or maybe he should ask him to stay for dinner...