Her Defeat

Angrily glaring into Mistress Maria's back, I stalked almost predatorily towards her- confident in my own skills.

"Mistress, Are you insane?" I questioned as I forcefully tugged her back with my shield. Clearly angered her stare burned into my arrogant form. How could she expect our little army of hundred to take on two hundred skilled fighters. It was a death wish and she knew it.

" Major, Is it not you who is the mad one? For you have disrespected your mistress. Forty days in the cellar!" her command set a group of our most talented hurtling, still cautiously, to my awaiting form. Be careful izzy. Bella pleaded softly. It only took a matter of seconds for each and everyone of them to lay in peices at my feet. This is it. Time to escape. But she must be destroyed first. As I scanned my watchful eye over the remaining fifty of shivering newborns, I found (much to my dismay) that Maria had fled -like the coward she was.

"Where is she?" My own inner beast screeched from within as it took over control of both Isabella and I.

Bella's POV

Incredulously, I found myself back in full control. It felt so glorious to have my own freedom, to move or to speak out loud. Lost in my own euphoric bliss, I failed to noticed the crippled remains of Maria's compound. Buildings lay scattered in piles, tents ripped to small, green scraps of confetti and finally the burned ashes of fellow soldiers layered the surroundings. Izzy... Before you say it, Miss Isabella, it was not me. Instead it was Enyo. The one with no emotion, no rational thought. She's led by pure instinct. Be grateful no habitations of humans were close-by. As she would have massacred them all.

Horrific images of fire and destruction that matched the now destroyed landscape around us plagued my mind. She ... she did that. Guilt ate away at me as I watched innocent newborns torn and burnt to ashes. They didn't want this life. That was clear in the way they put up little fight. However, that didn't make Enyo's actions right.

Time slipped slowly by as I trudged around the forest after my first animal hunt since I had escaped Maria- the heartless bitch. Soon enough I found myself bored, Ed..Edward was right immortal life did suck. Unmerciful pain grasped my unbeating heart. H..He's gone.

As the sun began to set, I found myself feeling three presences in my shield around three minutes away. Hopefully, it will be Maria so I can finally get my hands on her. Steadily they advanced closer and closer. Not far way now. Now able to hear the thump of their footstep, I readied myself for battle. Almost here. Swiftly, they sprang from the shrubbery and stared expectantly at myself.

"Hello,".