Allied

After I had arrived at their large ranch, we soon began talking and eventually befriended another. Once all the stupid introductions and what not we began telling of our pasts. Not too surprisingly, I found that both pete and char escaped from Maria's also. All of them were shocked and disgusted by the Cullen's behaviour as it was most certainly not of their usual standard. I found out lot about them also:
Peter ... Well he just knows shit and I mean everything. From the next upcoming threat to the colour of your panties (if you're wearing any). Wink.
Charlotte doesn't have a gift but she's a darling. My first vampire friend shh don't tell Pete. She loves shopping but doesn't push it on you like Al..
Finally, Garrett- if the other two are my friends then Garrett is my best friend. He's funny and a major prankster bit arrogant sometimes but he can be sweet and understanding.
Often we gang up on Peter with pranks especially now he can't 'know' it's going to happen. It's so rare that he was caught out before that his reactions are ever the more humorous. It wasn't rare to find us on the wide plains surrounding Charlotte and peter's private ranch, simply battling with one another as we all were individually talented in that area. Together we would be virtually unstoppable. Fighting was the popular pastime in the Whitlock household, our only others being when Peter actually dragged us to a nearby club. It wasn't our usual scene you know humans but together we had fun.
We have been united for a few decades now and both Garrett and I's nomadic urge to be alone heightened the longer we stayed put. I remember the conversation we had with char and Pete.
" we need to leave, garrett and i," I bluntly stated to them one afternoon.
" w..what?" Puzzled char " I thought you liked it here,"
"What Bells is trying to say, char. Is that we gonna leave for several years then come back. We ARE nomads," garrett amended my previous statement.
"So you are leaving us. Why can't we come too! How come you two are staying together and leaving me with Peter!" She groaned. They may be mated but their relationship is full of banter and it mostly seems like char takes the dominant lead.
"We are not staying together, char. We both need some time alone. To think. Please char" I pleaded. Garret and I both knew heartbreak and sometimes the pain was too much to bear. Similarly, he had lost the love of his human life- Anna- when he had supposedly 'went missing in action' during the war. Uselessly, he had tried to go back to her when he had his thirst under control. But she was already dead. Understanding our situation, they let us go with little more struggle on their part. Though they didn't forget to give us our honorary Whitlock crest, officially naming us as a member.
In South Dakota we (garrett and I) finally parted ways. Me heading for Forks as I wanted to visit my father's grave and him to Alaska where I told him the Denali were commonly stationed. Mentally exhausted and evidently thirsty, I began a large hunt before I neared unsafe distance to a human. Finishing off a large buck, I heard a soft rumbling in the far North. What the? Sending out my shield I detected seven bodies heading in my direction. These are dangerous Isabella izzy sharply announced. I turned to run but my honour and self-respect forced me to turn. I've been a coward in these woods once and I refuse to be a coward in here again.