so hazy, but it's alright

Start from the beginning

"Pez, your phone says it's 9:38," I say.

"Well, aye! That's practically 5am for a Saturday," she says far too seriously.

I just laugh. "Well, we can watch a bit of telly before we get up for real, if you'd like."

"Alright," she says with a yawn. I turn and grab the remote from where it sits on the table, surprised when I feel her arms coiling around me once again.

"Uh, Pez?" I ask, properly shook.

"Just a few more minutes Jes, please," She begs, sounding sad.

"Okay," I agree, not sure what's going on, but wanting more than anything to feel her arms around me.

"Are you gonna turn the telly on?" She asks, lips close to my ear.

"Is that alright? I thought you wanted to go back to sleep."

"I just want to lay here," she says candidly. "I don't much care if the telly's on or not."

"So...?" I ask, unsure of a lot of things, but most presently what to do about the TV.

"I know you like a bit of reality TV in the mornings babe, so go ahead," she says with a laugh, and I can feel the vibrations from her chest on my back.

"Alright, thanks," I say a bit awkwardly. I feel her laugh again, feel her pull her arms around me just a little tighter. Her leg finds its way between mine once again, and after tensing momentarily, I feel myself relax fully into her embrace.

I flip through the channels before settling on a rerun of TOWIE. Someone's just accused someone of getting lip filler when I feel Perrie's lips on the back of my neck once again.

"Pez," I sigh, and she hums. I feel her nip me with her teeth before soothing the little bite with her tongue. I can't help but sigh, which spurs her on, starts her sucking at my neck.

"Perrie," I say, but it comes out more like a moan than the reprimand I intended it to be. "Perrie, stop," I say, breathlessly but forcefully.

She scrambles away from me quickly, not looking at me. I grab her arm just as she stands up, pulling her back onto the bed.

"Pez, what's going on?" I say trying to meet her eyes. She's busy looking everywhere but me.

"Perrie," I say, this time a bit more insistently, and grab her chin so that she has to look at me.

"What do you want, Jes?" She asks harshly, but I can see the tears in her eyes.

"I just want to know what's going on," I say softly, moving my hand from her chin to stroke her cheek. "I can't really remember last night, and I just don't know wha-"

"What if I don't know what's going on?" She asks, a little tear falling down onto her cheek. I quickly swipe it away with my thumb, but another soon follows.

"Just talk to me, then?" I suggest. "Maybe we can figure it out."

"Okay," she says with a little sniffle. "Well, um. What's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember..." I start, but it takes me a minute to recall any information. "Well, we were at the club, and then you were feeling a bit poorly, so we came back here?"

"Yeah, that's right," she says, but offers up no further information.

"So how did we end up in bed together, then?" I ask.

"Damn, that makes it sound like we slept together," she says with a laugh. "We always end up the the same bed, Jes."

"Yeah, I guess. But it feels... different this time," I say cautiously, watching her face.

She just looks at me.

"Perrie..."

"Oh, Jes. It's ah- it's been different for me, for a while now," she admits. "I didn't- um, I didn't wanna mess anything up between us, so I just. I kept quiet, thinking it would go away, but. It's not going away."

"What's not going away?" I ask hopefully, though I'm pretty sure I already know.

"My, um. Well. I like you, Jessica. Like, like-like. I proper fancy you," she says, shutting her eyes, bracing for rejection.

"Well, that's a relief," I say with a laugh.

"What?" She asks, her eyes shooting open.

"I've fancied you the last four or so years, Perrie. I've just been waiting for you to notice. You're a bit daft, babe," I say with a laugh.

She looks at me incredulously. "Are you taking the mic?"

"I promise I'm not," I say.

"Well then- Well I- Well why didn't you say anything?" She asks accusingly.

"Same reason as you. I was worried about messing things up. Plus, you were engaged at the time."

"So were you!" She says defensively.

"Yeah, cause you were," I say with a laugh. "I figured I'd better give up on you and try to get over it."

"Well, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," she says haughtily.

"Yeah," I agree with a little laugh. "Not my best idea."

"So, what happens now?" She asks.

"Well, what would you like to happen?" I ask with a small smile.

"I'd think I'd like to kiss you, if that's alright?" she says shyly.

I just smile and lean in.

"As you wish."

---

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this little Pesy one shot! They're just so cute that I can't help myself. 

Come hang out on Tumblr at 16sydd16 !!

Or feel free to vote/comment here! I love to know what you guys think!!

Also, check out my full-length Pesy fic (no one else can fix me) Only You right here on wattpad!!

Have a swell day!!💜