Anxiety

A/N: Hello loves! I need your help! Once you've finished this little oneshot, please read the A/N at the end!💖

---

   "Heya, Pezza. Everything alright?" She asks, fiddling with the belt on her hotel dressing gown as she opens the door.

"Yeah, uh. I just- I, um. Do you wanna play cards?" I ask abruptly, trying to think of anything to tell her but the truth.

"Not particularly," she says with a scrunch of the nose, never one to beat around the bush. "But you can come in, if you want? Maybe watch a movie or something?"

I nod, quickly scurrying into her room.

I sit on the bed, trying not to look as on-edge as I feel, but definitely not succeeding.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm quite literally perched on the edge (of the bed).

"Perrie, what's up? You seem... tense, or something," she asks.

"No, I'm fine," I insist, even as I feel the tears start to coat my eyes, feel my chest tighten.

"No, you're not," she says with a wry smile. "You're doing the lip thing. What's the matter, babe?"

"Can you, um. Do you think you could just, uh. Can we just like, talk?" I ask, awkwardly reaching for her, needing physical contact with Jesy like I need air to breathe.

"'Course we can," she says softly, walking towards me and grabbing my hand, pulling me up off the bed. "C'mere first though, yeah?"

I nod, feeling the tears already start to spill.

"Oh, Pezza," she says, wrapping me tightly in her arms.

I can't help the little sob I let loose, burying my face in her neck, keeping my arms locked tight around her.

She just holds me, humming almost voicelessly at my temple, rubbing gently but firmly along my back.

We stand for a few minutes before Jesy pulls back. I take in a heavy breath when she does, worried she's tired of me, but then she smiles softly, taking my hand and pulling me toward the bed.

"Do you wanna lay down?" she asks, lips close to my ear. Even in my current state, Jesy's breath on the shell of my ear makes me shiver.

"Will you lay with me?" I ask, making sure.

"'Course," she says. "I thought maybe we could snuggle. If you want. I know that physical closeness helps with your anxiety sometimes."

I nod gratefully, letting Jesy pull back the sheets and guide me into bed before she climbs in.

She doesn't even take time to settle before she gathers me up in her arms.

I wrap my arms around her tightly in response, laying my head on her chest.

She sighs, rubbing a soothing hand along my back. I think she presses a kiss to my head at one point, but it's so soft that I think I may have imagined it.

Feeling Jesy's arms around me makes my anxiety slower and quieter, but it's definitely still there.

"Jes?" I ask, turning my head to look up at her.

"Yes, baby?" She replies softly.

"Can we talk?"

"'Course we can. What's on your mind, Pezzabear?" She asks, pulling out my favorite sickly-sweet nickname.