I do however notice his eyes looking below my face. I felt exposed because I was only wearing a lavender coloured, silky dress embroidered with lace.

He however was only wearing boxers and a tight t-shirt that showed off his body.

This is going to be awkward.

Enjoy!

"What are you doing here?" He asks the obvious first thing that popped into his head.

"I... Couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." I closely study his face to see if he believed me. "And I got lost." I blurt out to which he cocks a brow.

He just continues to look at me with a puzzled look on his face and the silence actually makes me feel uncomfortable.

"What are you doing here?" I retort, bouncing the question back at him.

Ha! Reverse psychology! Is that what it's called? Or is that something different-

"I mean... it is my pack. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want." His voice held power in that sentence. Often I forgot he was an Alpha but the tone he just used held a power that very much reminded me of it.

"That is true..." I trail off, running out of things to say that would help me explain my presence where I definitely shouldn't have been.

"I couldn't sleep either. It feels like I never do to be honest." He shrugs. I feel relief wash over me as he opens his mouth to talk again and it isn't another question. "I was just sorting through some old files."

"Productive." I comment, crossing my arms. "Anyway, I should probably get back to bed." I add quickly after a short silence, making my way to the door. I didn't want to risk being interrogated further about my whereabouts.

As I take a step towards my exit, Alex's hand wraps around my arm, stopping me in my tracks. I freeze, worried I've been busted.

I glance up to meet his dark, capturing eyes, waiting for him to explain that action.

"Stay?" His voice is soft and almost sleepy sounding. "I could do with some help."

"Sure." I automatically blurt out and give him a small smile. I couldn't say no to his cute, tired face. And maybe I could ask the right questions and sort through the right files to get closer to what I wanted.

What I want right now is a very good question.

The truth is, I didn't even know myself anymore. At the start all I wanted was to find a way to get my revenge on Daniel, then I softened and decided to scrap that idea. And now? Who knows? I mean, when I saw my mum so broken earlier, my heart did shatter into a million pieces all over again. I know that the reason she is like this is because of Daniel. But is killing him the right thing to do? He probably deserves it, even purely based on the thickness of that execution book, let alone because of my own personal reasons.

"Great", he smiles. "I am just getting rid of things we don't need around here."

"Don't you have people who can do the clearing out for you?" I ask, propping myself onto the desk. I know for a fact in my pack, the Alpha himself never had to do any cleaning or organising of any sort - it was all done for him.

"Yeah. But right now I want to keep busy until I get tired." He grabs hold of a random folder on top of the pile on the desk next to me. "And regardless, I do like to be on top of my own paperwork. How else am I meant to keep track of everything that goes on here?"

"Good point." I agree, looking over at him.

He was currently flicking through the pages, assessing if there is anything on them of importance.

"Do you mind if I go through this with you?" I ask.

"Not at all, this is why I would like you here." He responds.

"That's what you say, but I think we both know that the reason you would like me here is for my amazing company." I grin and he mirrors my expression.

"You got me."

I wish I had you.

Did I just really think that? At least I didn't say it out loud...

"So what happens now that you sent Willow and Bianca home?" I ask, grabbing some papers from the table to go through.

"Nothing." He exhales loudly. "There was no point keeping them here longer than necessary. I knew that they weren't what I wanted."

"And do you know what you want?" I inquire.

He looks up from what he was reading and his previously concentrated face softens as he glances at me.

"A few weeks ago I couldn't tell you the answer to that question. But I think I'm now starting to have an idea." He takes a step towards me.

I cock my head to the side, interested in where he was going with this.

"Someone who can make me laugh..." He starts, "someone who can relieve me off stress when Alpha duties get tough, someone intriguing, someone with a strong will and character who can lead alongside of me and be respected by my pack. And someone so beautiful, that every other Alpha is jealous of me."

His eyes never darted away from mine during his monologue. My palms started to sweat, rested against the mahogany table and my exposed thighs started burning against the wood. I was still sitting on the same spot as before, but somehow Alex has become incredibly close.

Surely he couldn't be talking about me? I've only known him for like... 3 days?

"And... have you got- any closer to coming across someone like that yet?" I choke on my own words. He made me so nervous all of a sudden.

Was I - dare I say - beginning to fall for him?

Surely not.

"I think I may have." He brushes a strand of hair away from my face and leans in, close to my face.

Hey! Once again, very long time no see, for which I can only apologise for.

I am determined to get this story finished even if it takes me 10 years and I hope that you guys will stick with me.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I cannot give you guys an update schedule at the moment but I will try my best to update again soon!

All the best!

-A