Chapter 11

"Alex?" The obvious question slips out of my lips. I was in complete and utter shock to see him.

"Kiara?!" He fake gasps, very clearly exaggerating.

I glare at him. He smiles.

Now there was an awkward silence.

"You didn't say goodbye." He says, actually looking a little bothered.

"I didn't think you'd care that much." I admit.

Alex rolls his eyes. "I literally asked you to stay so we could play poker together."

"I'm sorry I just really had to get back home." I defend myself.

He moves a little closer to me, lifting my chin up with his finger and then running it down my neck.

"Really?" He challenges. "Now that you've gone home do you want to come back?" His eyes focus completely on my face again, glancing below my nose as he looks captivated in our conversation. "I would love to-"

"Kiara?!" A high pitched voice shrieks from behind him. "Where did you go? We're missing you." Says the familiar blonde, grabbing onto Alexander's bicep.

I'm sure.

I noticed her as usual revealing outfit. She was wearing a low cut dress that was overly tight, her boobs almost popping out of it.

To be honest though, if I had a pair as big as hers, I'd be showing them off too.

"Come on baby, lets go to eat." Bianca begins to pull him.

Baby? Is that how close they've gotten over the past day I wasn't there?

"Why don't you go find seats and I'll meet you there in-" Alex begins but he's cut off.

"God, Kiara. I need to update you on what's been going on. Alex sent Willow home and I'm to be the Luna!" I nearly choke on my own saliva. I look over to Alex who has closed his eyes for a longer moment, taking slower breaths. He didn't want her to say that, that's for sure. "And you don't realise how happy I am, we've already-"

Alex clears his throat loudly.

"Kiara, would you like to join us? We're going to eat dinner." He offers, looking a little irritated.

Bianca triggered an emotion I haven't really experienced before. I wasn't sure what it was, but I was certain I didn't like it. Was it jealousy? Surely not, I've known the guy for a couple of days. I do enjoy his presence however, that's something I can't deny.

"Actually I can't, my friend is waiting for me in the car. You guys go and have fun though." I say, brushing past them to get to that ticket machine.

I pay as quickly as I could and once I'm done I make my way back to the car. Looking around, I couldn't see the two, which means they went to the restaurant for their date.

What was Bianca going to say before Alex cut her off?

'We've already...' Kissed? Had sex? Found out we're mates? Decided we're getting married?!

I need to stop.

"What took you so long?" Maisy asks as soon as I get into the car.

"Don't even ask." I sigh.

Once we got back, we cooked some pasta at Maisy's house and then continued our movie night, just scrolling through Netflix and putting on one thing after another. I had a feeling that without my mum and Richard around, this is what we're going to spend our week doing.

"Do you want me to stay over here tonight?" I ask her.

The only response I get is a nod, without breaking her intense stare at the TV. She was clearly very into the film. Me however, not so much. I wasn't into horror, I never understood why anyone would want to be scared and go out of their way to feel afraid.