Chapter 25: New region, Ice Hell

Start from the beginning

"The time is right! The Century Soup only appears once every 100 years! That's why it's called Century Soup! That time is now! Your timing is good too! Right now there's a man in Gourmet Town that knows about this news as well! He's gathering Gourmet Hunters from all over the world so he can get his hands on the soup! There's no doubt you'll be hired by him soon, Toriko! Sarafina! Go and bring Komatsu-kun! Eat the real soup, and try to make a magnificent century soup with those hands!" Sarafina smirked. This is gonna be fun. Toriko and Komatsu climb down the later, eager to get ready for their next adventure, but Sarafina stayed up as she had something she wanted to say to Setsuno.

The old woman gave a soft laugh as she said, "I can tell that you've been waiting to speak with me privately, my dear." Sarafina turned to her and bowed at the waist. "Yes. I just wanted to give you my sincerest thanks for the food you brought me while I was in the infirmary so long ago." Setsuno smiled warmly at the blind woman. "You don't need to thank me for that dear. I'm just happy to finally see you out there, alive and well." Sarafina stood up straight and giggled. "Hey, Sarafina! You coming or what?!" Toriko shouted from below.

"You better get going now. I hope Toriko there was been taking good care of you." Setsuno said.

"He has. I'm lucky to have a friend like him." Sarafina said, smiling.

Sometime after leaving Old Lady Setsu's diner, the trio walked over to Central Gourmet Town. To a bar where Gourmet Hunters congregate... The Bar Heavy Lodge! From all over the world, famous Gourmet Hunters visit this bar every day to find food information and work. There are many clients gathered there requesting the sturdiest Gourmet, so it's also known by the name of The Meeting Bar.

The sounds of yelling and fighting reached their ears. They weren't close yet to the bar and she can hear all that already. Sarafina's smile widened. Rowdy noises and the scent of alcohol..? She can hardly contained her excitement. As they got closer the more the words being yelled at became clearer as they approached doors that resembled those of the old west. Complete silence greeted them the moment the trio walked through the doors, all eyes on them but twenty said the group were staring at the two hunters. There were a mixture of different expressions, some of shock, some of surprise and some of excitement.

"It's...it's Toriko! Toriko has shown up here!" "THAT'S-!! That's the elusive Blind Bandit Sarafina, right?! I can't believe she's in a place like this!! She's even more beautiful than the stories say she is!!" The group shouted. "What's this?! It's been a while since the charisma of, not one, but two Gourmet Hunters came here..!" A man from behind the counter laughed out. He was a muscular, middle-aged man with tan skin and black permed hair, although he is balding somewhat. He has a black bushy moustache and a large unibrow. His attire consisted of an orange tank top, brown pants and dark yellow shoes.

"Master, some sake! Prepare some sake for Toriko and Sarafina!" A man shouted out. Another man turned to an overweight man, was looking a bit freaked and told him, "Drunker! It's your chance to have an eating contest with Toriko!" Drunker had dreadlocks, a tattoo on each of his upper arms and appears to have had face paint on his eyes. He wore a black tank-top and olive-coloured pants. "Don't be stupid. There's no way I could win." Drunker said. Toriko laughed happily. "I've missed it, The Heavy Lodge! It's as crowed as always!" Sarafina let out a sigh of relief. "At least, there's one good place in this stupid city!"

"It's amazing, Toriko-san! Sarafina-san! Everyone knows you guys! Well, now that I think about it you're both quite famous." How can these two smile so brightly in a place like this? "What do you mean "now that I think about it"?!" The giant hunter growled at him as the three walked towards the bar. "Hey, master haven't heard from you in a while!" Toriko informed the bald man as the guy slammed down two, giant mugs of frothing beer. "Here ya go, some enamel beer.. Drink up, Toriko! Sarafina-sama!" The man cheerfully said, a big smile on his face. The woman raised her eyebrow in amusement. "Oh, please. Just call me Sarafina."