22

when i thought everything would go back to what i wanted it to be,

lisa was nowhere to be found after that night. the next day, i woke up and i was all alone in our room.

...and she hasn't been home since then.

two freaking crazy days.

i went to anywhere she could be at. i went to jeongyeon, her cousin shannon, and her other friend, jisoo. 

i'm so frustrated and hurt.

hurt, 'coz i know all of them knew where she was and at right now, but they won't tell me.

you know what hurts the most?

i really thought that night would be the start of our new beginning. 

it hurts to not feel her beside me when i woke up that morning.

i felt empty. 

'you made her feel that way too few months ago, jerk. suck it up.'

my dear conscience kept telling this and it annoyed me but that spoke volume.

it made sense.

i was spacing out in my own thoughts when someone knocked on my door.

i almost fell on the floor, surprised and at the same time, excited to open it.

...but it was not lisa.

"wait, why are you here, ji-eun?"

she let out a big sigh and started crying.

"minhyuk and i have no where else to go, jungkook." she cried out. "i lost my job and i can't pay the rent anymore. the owner threw our things outside and minhyuk just won't stop crying. i don't know what to do, where to go and minhyuk just kept crying your name. he has been looking for you. i didn't call you these past two weeks 'coz i know you weren't obliged to look after him and i assumed you were busy. i never wanted to bother you."

she kept crying and i couldn't help but to pat her back. i felt guilty for not checking up on them.

"where is he now?"

"he's in the taxi right now, sleeping. he has a cold." she pointed the taxi parked infront of my house. " i left him there 'coz it was raining and i really doubt you would accept our favor."

i waited for her to say it. she looked down.

"can we stay for the night, here with you, in your house?"

wait, what?  

"is it okay, jungkook-ah?"