"I'm very certain I don't need to apply that." I say, using both hands to slowly drop the chapstick enclosed in her palm.

"What if he wants to kiss?"

The fact that there's a creator out there that thought it'd be best to make us sisters. "Pretty sure that won't be happening. Ever."

For some reason, the words feel like a slap on my own face like I hadn't been the one who just said it. Though, that's the truth. I mean, that can never happen, not in the near future nor in the far. Shaking it off - well, trying - I continue, "And answering your earlier question, your daddy doesn't know I'm out so you might just want to lower your voice. Thank you."

"He should."

"Yes, he should... Yeah, he should right? But looking at it from a parents perspective, I wouldn't let me go back to a place I once attempted 'suicide', however long ago or whatever thought I might've-"

"I meant, Tyler." She states, "He should kiss you."

The words sink in, although it's not really the words but rather the fact that my sister will always be this way.

I shake my head at her despite the butterflies i'm getting thanks to the image now stuck in my head. I don't bother responding and just walk down to the best spot for getting off this building.

Dropping carefully to the roof below, I still hold onto the railings around my balcony and i'm about continuing my normal routine of rolling down when her voice once again stops me.

"Want me to give you a headstart?"

"Soledad, thanks but no-"

This girl. I wasn't exactly expecting her to listen  - maybe hoped, but yet not surprised when I'm pushed off the roof down to the flower bush below. When i'm able to get back on my feet, stumbling and fumbling in the process, I look up. This morning's bright enough to see her broad smile.

You know I could die right? is what I  want to say but I've been saying that for the past three days yet that doesn't stop her from waking up early just for it.

So, I decide letting it go, continue out the gate and into Eden's familiar street.

I walk past Pamela's house, wondering if she's up. Highly doubt it, though. The mighty black gate would be flawless if Pamela and I didn't write with pink markers a little 'P&M forever' on it when we were eight. It's invisible to anybody else but she and I, I guess our eyes always go there since our hearts know it exists.

A few minutes later and I've walked out of the paved area of Eden down to where the ground is sandy or muddy depending on the weather of the day. The trees on either of my side get thicker and thicker as I go and at this point, I've got to hasten my steps. I'm not gonna lie that I've always thought some weird creatures could jump out anytime, chanting weird things like... well, like 'she's the one!' or 'who is this among us?' I don't know, okay? I'm just saying.

Even with mentally pronouncing positive affirmations, I still make sure to walk faster than the average man. Or girl. Only slowing down when for the first time, I see someone in my space. Standing at my exact spot next to the ocean. And when I get close enough, it's not just anyone, it's Tyler.

It's Tyler Jones.

That dark blonde hair, the stance, the height - it's him, but what's he doing here?

At first, I'm internally squealing and doing little jumps. Internally.

It's when the whole situation dawns on me that I stop.