Chapter 2: Girl

I woke up to knocking on my door. Soft knocking. My joints were already hurting. I could barely get out of bed. The knocking intensified. Painfully, I forced myself out of bed. Stretching didn't help. I could barely open my eyes. I rubbed them. I opened the door and a flash ripped through my pupils like fire burning lumber.

"That's a keeper!"

I rubbed my eyes roughly. What just happened? The more I rubbed my eyes, the stronger I saw stars and unknown colors in my eyelids.

"I'm sorry."

I moved my hands away from my eyes. My eyes were seeing black spots. I tried to focus but my head was hurting, along with my arms. I could not tell where I was standing. Once the black spots went away, I was standing in the same spot. I look up and it was the same girl, except she was wearing a medium length, brown curly wig with some caramel highlights. She smiled.

"Hi." She held out her hand.

No olive green jacket. She was wearing a men's jean shirt with a white crop top, black pants, black beanie and her converse.

"Hello?" She shook her hand.

"Oh, hi." I shook her hand.

"Sorry for the flash. I'm doing something important." She smirked.

"Oh. That's okay. I'm most likely temporarily blind now."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." She slapped my shoulder. I grunted. The pain felt like it had worsened throughout those three minutes.

"Are you alright?" She tilted her head.

"Yeah. Tender bones." I whispered.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You didn't know." I rubbed my shoulder.

"Is it cancer?"

"Well, this is a cancer hospital." I said.

"Smart one, aren't ya? What do you have?" She asked nicely.

"Osteosarcoma."

"Oh." She nodded her head in a yes motion.

"You?" I asked.

"I don't know, actually." She mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want to grab breakfast?" She asked.

"Sure." I said slowly.

It was odd that she ignored my question. How didn't she know? Not unless she was barely being diagnosed and was the brown curly wig actual hair? That would make me an idiot. I stopped standing around and quickly changed. I felt like I was breaking a couple of bones taking my shirt off. I grabbed the first pair of jeans from my suitcase and put them on. I grabbed the red shirt next to where my pants previously were and put it on. I slipped on my converse. I had noticed their was barely any light. What time was it? I grabbed my phone. Seven forty-four in the morning. I groaned.

I walked out of my room. But the girl was nowhere to be found. I look on the wall and there was a small yellow post it with one word on it. "Cafeteria." I walked to the elevator towards the cafeteria.

The glass was incredibly clean. No smears. She was sitting alone. She was the only one in the cafeteria. I wondered what she was going to say.