Chapter 12: Divine Emperor and the Galaxy Navy

The rotten nest of giant insects was overwhelmed with their monstrous buzz. The rulers of the Fube Universe fussed around in the depth of Planet Esnan. They had recently been attacked by the Reptiloids and had shown an immense resistance. Hence, the Divine Emperor had been obliged to arrive on the scene, in order to settle matters for good. An army of servants had accompanied him on this journey across the universe. Of course, his new little slave Ellie had tagged along as well, for she had no other choice – she had promised to serve him for life, after all.

Now the Divine Emperor and the king of the insect species of the Hubassukk – the mighty creators of all other insects and one of the oldest races of the Seven Universes – were facing each other in all their grandeur.

"You dare step in our territory with those puny lizards as if your own giant universe is not enough... Your race has indeed stooped low after your home blew up, Koriel man Herminn," the king of the Hubassukk, Zarzar, buzzed and sneered in his hideous insect voice.

"The likes of you dirty ants have no right to judge me or my race, Zarzar Zuzzas. Surrender peacefully, if you do not wish to die".

"We are the Hubassukk – highest of the Moba species of insects, and creators of them all. We do not surrender to anyone!"

Zarzar buzzed, unfolded his wings, and dashed at the Emperor. The Reptiloids hissed in distress and moved to help him when Koriel calmly raised his hand towards the attacker. The Hubassukk king squealed in the utmost pain and helplessly touched his stomach as if something had begun to boil inside. The next instant, he exploded. The lifeless insect's innards and slimy blood splashed across the hall. As the other Hubassukk began buzzing and squealing in horror, the Emperor snapped his fingers, giving a sign to his army. The Reptiloids boldly hissed and attacked, shredding the poor confused insects to pieces.

At such a devilish slaughter, Ellie, who had been there all this time and trembled at the atrocious appearance of these gigantic insects, now grew compassionate towards them while the Reptiloids' bloody actions almost brought her nausea. She grabbed the Emperor's pale hand and pierced his eyes with her tearful ones:

"Please, stop this! What have they done to you?!"

"Oh," Koriel faintly smiled, "they were in my way".

"Huh?"

"Watch their suffering, and remember – anyone who dares defy me shall end up the same way. There is no one in this world who can beat me".

He pushed her off and walked away, indifferent, maybe even satisfied of the insects' suffering, calmly drawing on his pipe. Ellie watched him with tears pouring down her cheeks, horrified of her own fate.

If these gigantic monsters were powerless against him, what will he do to me?!

Indeed, even one of the seven oldest species of the world were but helpless ants against this man, for soon his snake troops slaughtered their armies and overtook the planet. Esnan was now officially their new colony, soon to be turned into the same concrete-and-smoke hell as their planet Retti, and her long-lost beloved home – Earth – too.

***

After a while, some green snake-headed ships of the Reptiloids – the so-called Green Snakes – headed off Esnan to return to Planet Retti in the Raden Universe with the Emperor. Ellie got locked up in her room which was located on the same floor as the Emperor's chamber (so that he could hold the slave close by his side), and sank her head into a pillow, crying hot tears:

I'm doomed if I remain with these monsters! This emperor is heartless and those snakes are disgustful! I've always hated them – they were the ones to take dad, then big sis, then me and mom. They're brutes! But, if I try to escape, that scary emperor will surely find and kill me... He didn't even touch that gigantic beast. He exploded on his own after he just pointed a hand at him! How am I to evade such godly powers? I'm toast_