She walked in and there was a small concrete ground where a number of students gathered, a lot. The whole school was there, some special kids and some regular. The teachers around looked at Karan with a smile and few turned their attention at her. She just smiled back in return.

---------

"you all missed me?" He raised his voice for all of them to hear in between their cheers. They all went crazy clapping and yelling when he opened his arms and leaned for a pose. Her heart skipped a beat to when he did that.

"Shyam, get the gifts please" he looked at his driver. 'Please and all!' She smirked That's unusual'.

Soon few guys came in with bunch of boxes and bags.

"will you help me?" He looked at her and asked with such a tender tone that she couldn't deny.

She started taking the boxes and distributed them one by one. Each child smiled at her to the brightest and greeted her a sweet thank you. She felt so blissful doing that. A small smile of the face of the kids and she felt great at heart.

Charity, she sighed. She wanted to do something just like this but her pocket never allowed her. Being from a middle class family and eventually having the burden of supporting her mother it was never possible for her to give something on this scale. She tried on her level best to offer whatever she could to the people needy. Never she hesitates giving some amount to the small kids who were forced to beg. She sighed, only if she can make a change. She will! One day, she sighed again.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't heard what Karan was even speaking, mostly dialogues or making them laugh.

She for a second admired how he interacted with the kids and was talking so casually with 2 smalls girls sitting comfortably on his laps.

For an instance she was surprised as in why were they even doing a charity but she felt that she knew.

'he was just acting in front of her to show her that he is so good and does charity' her mind made up. Feeling a tinge of hurt in her heart she looked at the kids who were oblivious to the harsh reality of this sudden happiness and gift showering on them.

She smiled ruefully, fake or anything, at least they are getting some useful.

A song from no where started startling her. When she realised what was happening, karan came up close to her and took her hand leading her towards the kids now stood up to dance on the music. One of his songs that was, they all jumped and danced around him trying to show him the hook step.

Making her stand in the middle of them she had no option but to sway a bit and clap with the kids now dancing around them. Karan was all smiles, she noticed yet she knew that smile charmin yet fake. His eyes were the real way to his heart but he smartly blocked the way for her to get to the real motive.

She shrugged the thoughts immediately and started doing small steps with the cuties trying to get her attention.

Soon she neglected the flip side of the event and actually started enjoying the visit.

After the dance all of them gathered for some games. Musical chase, antakshari.

The musical chair was fun with the kids hoping around and smiling so bright that tears shone in her eyes. They had nothing of the luxuries but this small day and a small moment was all it took for them to smile.

The innocence with how the musical group amongst them sang a ganesha vandana made her heart swell with pride.

Karan was just spectating from how she was quite to how she was participating in the events. The thing that she was quite, surprised him but soon she reacted as he thought and that made him smile inwards with the succession of why he got her here.