03: Eighteen

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

After the celebration, everyone went back to their respective rooms. It was almost midnight. Soon, the house became dark and quiet.

"Mochi brother?" I opened his door carefully. I could feel the warmth and coziness from his room.

"Hm?" Jimin turned his head to me. He's sitting on the bed with his laptop on his lap.

"I can't sleep, can we chat?" I sat beside him, bringing out two cups of ice cream, "Also, I stole the Jeon twins' ice cream."

"Again?" he bursted our laughing, "They're gonna be mad!"
I shrugged and gave one to him.

"How's school?" he asked.

I took a scoop from Jimin's ice cream, "I don't like school, people from my team are so two-faced. They're nice to me upfront, and then they talk shit about me behind my back."

"Aigoo! They're just jealous of you, Hana. You're so talented and amazing." He fed her some of his ice cream, "Don't bother about them too much, okay? Just hang out with your friend Yeha, I think she's nice."

His words made me smiled. Talking to him is comfortable, I could bring up anything to talk without feeling any shamefulness or embarrassment.

After finishing the ice cream, I asked him back, "What about you? How's your new job?"

Jimin paused for a second, "Not bad, I guess. But my boss has a really bad temper towards my colleagues."

"How about you?"

"Hmm...I'm surprised that she has been pretty good to me," he snickered.

"Bias." I scoffed.

Jimin laughed, "Why?"

Because you're attractive, Park goddamn Jimin.

"I don't like her already," I bit my spoon.

Jimin set his brown eyes on me. "Time flies," he giggled, "I can't believe you're already 18. You're now the same age as me when I moved in!"

I nodded in agreement, "But you still look the same through these years though."
You just looked... hotter. Like a good fine wine. The older you grow, the more attractive you are.

He's almost 30, but look so young that he still had the exuberance of youth.

"Because I take good care of my skin~" Jimin joked and I rolled her eyes laughing.

"But for real," he paused, "You've grown up."

My heart skipped a beat, and began to pound rapidly.

Let's talk about it when you grow older.

"I have grown up," I fixed my gaze on him, hinting, "Right?"

His smile slowly faded, the atmosphere went quiet and soon he broke into a laugh, "Of course, you're not a kid anymore! Or would you like me to still call you Little Hana~?"

Pft, seriously?

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Hmm.....what else?"

He's such an idiot!

"Never mind," I sighed deeply, giving up on him.

"Oh also," I spoke again, "I don't want to call you mochi brother anymore."

"What?!" Jimin widen his eyes, then immediately shook his head, "Nope, not allowed. You have to respect me, I'm older than you!"

"But I'm not little anymore," I groaned.

You knows what I mean, right? I don't want to call you brother because it makes us seem like we have a distance between us. A distance where I could not let you know my feelings towards you. Don't see me as a kid anymore... please?

Jimin went silent. It seems like his mind was having a hurricane.

"What do you mean? I kinda like it when you call me mochi brother actually," Jimin stated innocently. "I saw you grew up since you were like..." he positioned his right hand to a 3-feet height, "...this!"

This dense bitc-

"I'm not asking your permission though," I yawned, "I'm just telling you, Jimin."

Before he could even reply, I quickly stood up, "Alright, I'm tired. I gotta sleep now!"

"H-Hey!" Jimin yelled. "You lil brat-"

"I can't hear you~" I laughed hysterically and leaped to the door. "Goodnight, Ji. Min."

In the dim light, it was hard to tell what his expression was, but I could feel that he was actually smiling.

_
Please Vote, Comment and Share! 👉👈 💜