02: The Family

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

I took the subway, walked through the bustling streets and reached the familiar neighbourhood.

My parents have been renting rooms in their house since I was 7. We've met all kinds of tenants; those who were rude and nasty; those who were messy and unhygienic. Many tenants came and went, and now finally we were able to adjust well with 6 decent tenants.

Our house was long and narrow, welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. It was three stories high and had a one story extension at the rear for the kitchen. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns. There's a small bar for making coffee or drinking beer, the balcony on the third floor was a common hangout area for the tenants.

"I'm home," I entered the house, shocked to see everyone has already gathered in the dining table with dishes and a birthday cake on the table.

"You better give us an explanation." Yoongi, a mulled wine headed guy groaned. His small dark eyes were half close as if he was going to fall asleep any second.

The lady sitting beside him is his fiancé, Eve. She was always quite the beauty. Her large hazel eyes held such intelligence and serenity that made her so classically beautiful. Both of them are music producers and have lived here for almost 3 years.

"I had detention, sorry!"
I clasped my hands together as I apologised.

"It's alright, we won't get mad at the birthday girl~" my dad said along with my mom's chuckling.

"Arghh, can we eat now??" the coconut head twins, Jungkook and Jungsoo grumbled. They're also well known as The Jeon Twins in their college. Both of their features were defined, sharp jawline, large eyes with double eyelids and cute round tip nose.

"Tch, it's not like we're gonna starve to death." Seo Dan, a young lady tenant commented. She was also studying the same college as the Jeon Twins. There's an intelligent beauty radiating from her, but she was always quiet, always reading books and wearing her high powered glasses.

"Let's eat then!"

The voice was sweet yet so raw at the same time that gave me goosebumps as soon I heard him spoke, and my eyes slowly met his.

If it were anyone else I would drop my gaze. But with him, I was drawn in closer.

The charcoal black haired guy with round glasses. Those dark brown eyes, those plumpy lips. Although his cheeks were chubby with natural rosiness, his jawline were defined.

Park Jimin.

---

"Make a wish, Hana!" They cheered as soon they finished singing the birthday song.

"Aish, it doesn't matter." I shrugged and blew the candles, "Birthday wishes won't come true anyway."

"Yah, if you wish it with your whole heart then it will!" Jungkook retorted.

I took a quick glance at Jimin, and he replied her with an adorable eye smile, "Haha! Come on, just make a wish!"

I felt my cheeks turn hot as I pursed my lips into a smile. "Alright," I said, shutting my eyes and pressed my hands tightly together.

I wish we can move onto the next stage.