Chapter Fifteen

Y/n's pov

You opened your mouth to scream but his hand quickly clamped down over your mouth. He had his other hand encasing both of yours above your head. You glared at him and tried pulling your hands out of his. "Stop." He hissed holding them tighter making you look up at his pale gray face.

"I'm going to take my hand off your mouth, try to scream and I'll gut you like a pumpkin. Trust me you'll be dead before you hit the floor." He rambled before composing himself and looking at you for confirmation.

You nodded once trying to reassure him in his impulsive state. He slowly removed his hand from your mouth letting you take in mouthfuls of much needed air.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He questioned, his empty eye sockets glaring down at you. "You could've gotten us both killed with a runaway stunt like that," he said, glancing towards the still open window.

You growled out a quiet apology and gave up trying to struggle out of his steel grip. He calmed down enough to see this and brought your hands down and released them. You stayed frozen and looked at him with hateful eyes. He sighed at this and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Just sit back down," he muttered motioning to the hospital bed.

You quickly slipped out from under him and sat down stiffly on the cold leather. He looked you over for a second before turning and walking to a small desk neatly fitted in a corner of the room.

He rummaged through the drawers for a bit before producing a few articles of white clothing. He seemed content with the small pile and paced back over to you. He handed them to you along with a rag, "There's a bathroom over there you can use to get changed. There's the sink in there if you want to use it." He said lightly as he pointed to a door.

You looked away from him and towards the door, "Thanks," you muttered as you scurried into the bathroom quickly shutting and locking the door behind you.

You flipped on the light switch and looked around, the room was much like the nurses office. Off white wallpaper, tile floors, and rust coating most of it. You sighed and walked over towards the sink. A cracked mirror hung above it looking relatively clean.

Your reflection stared back at you as you looked at yourself. Your skin seemed pale and lifeless, your eyes were dull and didn't reflect any light. You placed a cold hand on your face wondering how you turned into this stranger in the mirror in as little as three days.

You stripped your shirt and pants off and turned the faucet to the hottest setting. After steam started rising from the water you dipped the rag in and let it sit for a minute. Once the rag was sufficiently soaked you gingerly picked it up and proceeded to scrub your skin raw.

You looked at the pile of clothing Jack supplied you with and picked up the items; scrub pants and a baggy tee shirt. Good enough... you thought as you slipped into them.

You unlocked the door and slipped out quickly spotting Jack sitting in a rolling chair at his desk. He had his mask back on and ignored your presence. You took the hint and walked over to the bed ready to lay down. You dropped my dirty clothes beside my bed and flopped down not bothering to acknowledge Jack. You turned your back to face Jack not wanting to see him. You pulled a thin blanket over your body and closed your eyes letting your tense muscles relax as you slipped into a deep sleep.

{TimeSkip}

You slowly opened my eyes waking up due to a door being opened and shut carelessly loud. You sat there dazed for a few seconds before you remembered. Jack's office, O.K. You mentally noted as your mind focused. You could clearly make out the sound of voices. "Th-thanks for letting Y/n s-stay here, I hope t-they weren't t-to much of a problem." You went rigid hearing Toby's voice before composing yourself and creating an illusion that you were still fast asleep.

"It was no problem, I let them get cleaned up and they passed out after that." Jack said nonchalantly not mentioning your runaway attempt much to your relief.

"Hm," Toby hummed a smile evident in his voice, "In that c-case I should t-take them home, I can't i-imagine those beds being too com-comfortable, no offense." Toby commented off handedly.

"Fine with me, just... lighten up on Y/n, I talked to Kate about what happened while they were asleep, her being there afterwards and all..." he trailed off leaving his comment open ended.

The mood in the room shifted. "Y-yeah, so?" Toby responded defensively.

"All I'm saying is tone it down, I don't know if it's the best idea to scare them that much if you like them as much as you say you do..." Both parties when silent not seeming to want to say anything more on the subject.

After a few tense moments of stillness you heard unsteady footsteps approach your bed. A gloved hand lightly shoved your shoulder giving you the cue to 'wake up'. You turned over and rubbed your eyes acting disoriented. "Hey," Toby said softly as you looked up at him.