Chapter 50

I wake up in the same room I was in. The doctor looks up when I sit up and smiles.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks me. My head spun a little bit but my heart didn't seem to be racing as much.

"Sort of." I say quietly and push myself up.

"The Queen And Prince are here to see you, if you don't mind." He says.

"I guess I couldn't refuse could I?" I mutter to myself. The doctor laughs a little, but goes to fetch them anyway. The queen walks in first with a small and forced smile. She doesn't go to me first and neither does North. They both go straight to the doctor.

"What's happened?" The queen asks.

"Lady Rosalyn has low blood sugar, which is the most obvious, but has also been diagnosed previously with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which often leads to Panic attacks, which is what had happened last night. I think between the stress and her PTSD and the alcohol it all just added up." The doctor tells her. I look down at my blankets because I felt as if I was exposed to the entire room. "I have medications I would prescribe."

"I don't want medications." I say quickly, catching everyone's attention.

"What's wrong with it—" the doctor begins to ask, but is cut off when he sees the writing on the paper.

Suicide Attempt: NO prescription drugs or medications.

I'd only spoken of it to North once, but I was sure the queen hadn't heard of it.

"How are we supposed to treat this?" North asks after a moment of silence.

"I can put together some sort of therapeutic treatment—" I cut him off.

"May I speak to Prince North alone, please." I raise my voice so they can hear it. The doctor looks unsure, but the queen just nods simply and walks out, the doctor following her. North seemed guilty, but I wasn't sure why. He refused to make eye contact with me. "I don't want to stay here any more."

"Just stay until the wedding, please." He says softly.

"I can't. You told me once that you never wanted to hurt me but watching you with her is breaking my heart. I can't stay here and be okay." I say quietly and look away from him. "Please let me leave."

"I'll tell your maids to pack your things." North says after a moment and turns to walk away. I breathe in a shaky breath as he leaves and sit up straighter on my bed.

I was discharged later that evening to go up to my room and pack my things. My maids were sad, but didn't blame me for leaving. They showed me how to put on my wig and let me wear a day dress to leave in since all of my clothes were dirty and wrinkled. The dress was still beautiful and too much for an ordinary day. They'd made it a while ago but never brought it out for anything. Today, I wore it as my last dress in the palace.

"Thank you

"Thank you." I tell my maids as I look at myself in the mirror. My makeup was simply and my hair was only barely curled. I wore my mother's bracelet and had a single duffle bag over my shoulder.

"It was a pleasure serving you." My maids each say with a sad smile and curtesy in front of me. I stop them from curtsying and reach up to hug each of them.

"I'll miss you." I tell them quietly. "Very much."

"We will miss you too." Rachel responds quietly. I release my held in breath and walk out the door. I walk to the front doors of the palace where North stands, waiting on me. I hadn't expected him to be there.

"Rose," he nods, acknowledging me, and hooks our arms. It seemed too intimate for a man who had a fiancé but I didn't care. I only had a few more minutes left with him anyway. "Will you write?"

"Probably not." I shake my head. "I'm going to do my best to forget this and you should do the same."

North turns to me, holding both of my hands in his. He looks down at our feet and shrugs.

"Maybe you're right." North sighs and looks back up at me. "I'll never forget you Rosalyn Osborne."

I smile sadly and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer by wrapping his around my waist.

"I'll never forget you either." I whisper and let my head lay on his shoulder for a moment before I pull away. "I need to go now." I tell him, but he doesn't immediately let me leave.

North looks down on me, and holds my cheek in one hand, while keeping me close to him with another. His eyes showed sorrow and I looked away from them, tears hinting at my own.

"Goodbye." He tells me, leading me by my hand into the limo.

"Bye." I say quietly. I let go of his hand and was almost in the car completely before a voice startled me.

"Lady Rosalyn, Stop! That is my ride!"