Chapter 10

The cafeteria looked "nice" and traditional. The round windows had stained glass like in churches. The walls were made out of scratched white bricks with wooden outlines. It was rather small for the capacity though. EU has suggested for years now to rebuilt it, but a lot of other teachers didn't want to change a thing. They were worried the cafeteria would lose the traditional charm to it.

Japan was standing on a small ladder to attach the first decorations for the upcoming summer festival. It wasn't anything special yet, just paper flowers and stars with some glimmer. America almost had to drag Russia into the cafeteria. He turned around to the taller country with an annoyed expression on his face. "Do you have to be so unwilling with everything that I want to do?" he asked and then groaned. "I'm hungry, dude. Just fucking move."

"You know, you could just eat alone." Russia said unimpressed by America's request. America rolled his eyes. "No, you are my friend." He placed one of his fingers on Russia's chest. "So... you have to..." Russia sighed and then shoved America forwards. "Let's at least sit in the corner. I normally don't go here." America smiled in triumph.

"Wait a minute..." The western country stopped, grabbed a plate and put the mashed potatoes from the counter on it. "Are you telling me you don't eat in school?" Russia just shrugged. "Sometimes I make myself a sandwich, sometimes I forget to. America looked at him like he was crazy. "Uhh, America? Are you okay?" The taller country looked at him a bit uncomfortable.

America gasped and then screamed: "Dude! How can you endure to not eat during school?!" He grabbed a second plate, shoved it into Russia's hands and then put a extreme big portion of mashed potatoes on his plate. He took it a bit hesitant and awkwardly eyed the other countries staring at them. "Can you maybe not yell all the time?" He glared at America, who didn't answer and just grabbed him by the elbow. "Come on, come on!"

They sat down on a small table in the corner. Apparently no one ever sits here, because it was a bit dusty. America didn't mind and sat down as comfortable as possible. He instantly began eating and then eyed Russia in confusion as he didn't begin eating too. "Do you not like mashed potatoes?" He asked while munching. "I don't really mind what I eat." Russia said as he raised his spoon and pointed at Japan. "Look."

"Huh?" America looked over to Japan who proudly hold up America's failed cardboard butterfly. It was decorated with red glitter now. She showed it to South Korea, who clapped and then she hung it up in the middle of the room. It was hanging at a weird angle and as North Korea walked passed it, he just boo'd. She gave him the tongue.

America almost spit out his potatoes at the sight. The taller country just laughed. "I bet you ten oil cans she has a huge crush on you, there is no other way someone could like something so ugly." The western country shook his head quickly. "No, I don't think so." Russia raised an eyebrow at that. "Are you sure?" America nodded with an uncomfortable smile and then stuffed some more of the cafeteria food in his mouth.

"I think you know exactly what Japan feels for you. You just don't want it to be true." Russia grinned and also took a bit from his mashed potatoes. America went weirdly quiet at that and placed his spoon on the table. "To be honest with you, Russia..." He gulped and stared at his table while trying to come up with something to say.

Russia blinked at him. "Hey, I'm sorry if I said anything wrong..." He didn't know why, but as he looked at America struggling with words like that he actually felt kind of bad. America took a deep breath, raised his head quickly and then said in a hurry: "I'm gay."

The other country looked at him in confusion. "So?" America stared back at him in disbelief. "So?! This is all you have to say?!" Russia raised his hands in defense. "Well, what do you want me to say? Congratulations?!" America stood up slapped his hands on the table. "What about your gay propaganda law?!" He asked back loudly and Russia roughly placed his hands on America's shoulders to force him to sit back down. "This is why I hate you. You are always so goddamn loud." He gritted through his teeth as he felt the other countries eyes on them two.

America immediately sat back down and stared down at the table in shame. "I'm sorry." There was silence between the two and Russia waited until the other countries stopped gawking before speaking up. "Listen, I don't care if you are gay. I just don't like you generally." America sighed and slapped his hands in his face. "Wow, that makes it a lot better."

"Don't act like the victim here if you are the one blackmailing me." The eastern country said and crossed his arms. America removed his hands from his face and looked up. "But I just want to be your friend!" He said with frustration in his voice. "You're such a stuck-up." "Yeah, insult me. That will definitely make me your friend."

The tension between the two countries was extreme until Japan suddenly appeared at their table. She looked worried. "Are you two fighting again?" She asked and fiddled around with her hands. Japan eyed America and then whispered: "If he is forcing you to anything, I can tell the teacher."

Russia still heard it. He groaned in annoyance and tried to keep his anger inside as he furiously took a spoon full of mashed potatoes. America awkwardly shook his head. "Nah, we are fine. Sorry." He giggled a bit nervously and gave her a grin while keeping an hold on his sunglasses.

She gave him a sad smile, quickly nodded and then walked back to South Korea. "Her cheeks were red." America turned his head to Russia. "Huh?" "Her cheeks were red." He repeated. "She really does like you, duh."