Chapter 3

It was still dark and quiet outside as Russia woke up. Obviously when you go to bed earlier, you would wake up earlier as well. He just kind of layed in bed for awhile, until it got too boring and he forced himself up. He changed into some new clothes and thought that he maybe he should stop exposing his arms like that, because y'know maybe one day the permanent bandage on his arm would be considered weird... He shrugged it off, it didn't seem to get a lot of attention.

His stomach growled and he rushed downstairs. He now regreted not eating lunch and dinner yesterday. He opend up the fridge and saw the container with borsch from yesterday. He filled a plate for himself and warmed it up in the mircowave. Afterwards he put the container back into the fridge. He ate the soup in a hurry. It didn't taste as good as Soviet's borsch would have, but Russia thought he made a pretty decent borsch... Or he was just hungry. He felt a bit proud nonetheless. Belarus really is missing out. As he quitely ate his good, he imagined his sibling would be sitting around the table as well. Soviet would always set on the far left. He smiled.

Russia arrived at school early. He saw some posters hanging next to the entrance. "Prom night" was written on it with fat red letters. Russia didn't really care about that, so he lazily walked over to the school building and let himself lean against the wall. He quickly texted Belarus that he was already at school, so he wouldn't wait for him.

"Hey, stop fighting!" Russia heard a voice call out from the right side of the building. He could assign the voice in an instant. It was America's. As silent as possible he turned his body to the right and lurked around the corner.

America was standing between North Korea and South Korea. South Korea had an black eye and it was probably made by his brother. "I'm sure we can solve this!" America nervously laughed at the brothers, waving his hands in the air like Italy would when he talks about Pizza. "Stop getting into other's buisness, United States of Idiots!" North Korea shouted back at him. "Stop playing the hero, you're just an annoying asshole!" South Korea seemed to be too scared to speak up. Russia just watched.

"You can be glad I didn't nuke you!" North Korea now said, pushing America away. America stumbled a step back, but didn't fall. He protectively hold an hand infront of South Korea. "Oh, really now?" America's smile turned into something creepy. "You're bluffing. Also, you do know I have the most nuclear weapons in the world?" Russia gulped. If North Korea ever starts an school shooting, America is probably the first one on his list. Russia didn't want to witness that.

North Korea's face went red in anger, but instead of talking back he turned around and stromed off. Right into Russia's direction... North Korea stopped as he saw Russia standing in his view. Russia awkwardly waved at him and now also America and South Korea spotted him. Russia stepped away from the wall, into a better view, and raised his arm. "Yo."

Somehow North Korea's got even more annoyed by that. His hands turned into fists and he turned back around to his brother and America. He stared at his brother intesely. "One superpower wasn't eneogh, so you had to get another involded into this? That Freak Russia?!" He pointed at him and North Korea could only blink back at his brother in confusion. "What? No, I didn't invite-" South Korea cut him off. "We will talk about this later." he spat out and now finally stormed off for real. 

North Korea's face twisted in horror. "Oh no..." He shakingly placed his hands on his pale cheeks in an attempt to calm himself down. "You're okay?" America asked him and he just shook his head. "Not really, but just leave me alone for now, okay? Your help already helped enough... Just stop playing the hero for once." He said bitterely and walked off as well. America's face was one full of guilt.

Now America and Russia akwardly stood there alone. Some birds were chirping in the background, but otherwise it was pretty quiet. "Uh, sorry about that." Russia eventually said, not sure how America would react. America needed some time to respond, probably to think about what to say. "It's okay." He just choked out.

"I bet he hates everyone and everything." America eventually continued their conversation. "The closest he can get to an significant other is a nuke." Russia just blinked at America. Was he honestly gossiping about North Korea with him? It was silent for a moment again. "Soo... About yesterday." America began and Russia suddenly tensed up. "Are we friends now?"

For a moment Russia wanted to say sure, but it would feel wrong. During the cold war the western countries always have been his family's enemy, but America has been the biggest enemy of them all. Sometimes he can't help himself and blame his father's death on America. If America wouldn't exist, his Dad would probably still be here with him now. Maybe he was just bitter, but he couldn't anwer America with a yes.

"No and stop trying so goddamn hard, Idiot." Russia said codly and turned around, but then a thought hit Russia. Russia always has been plagued by all those stereotypes and expectations other students are giving him, but America actually never has been any diffrent. And here he was doing the exact same to America, like the people that made him secretly fell so utterly miserable and ashamed of himself.

Quickly he turned around again.  America stood there like an statue. At first Russia was confused, but then he realized how tense America actually was. His hands were sweaty and he was slighty biting on his lips. Russia bet that if America's sunglasses wouldn't hide his eyes, he would be able to spot some tears building up.

But before Russia could take it all back America spoke up. "What's your fucking problem?! I know we had a rough start, but what did I do to you, for you to hate me so much?!" His hands turned into fist. Russia's eyes squinted. Didn't that behaviour remind him of someone?