Chapter 11

The last lesson of the day for Russia was English, to be more specific, Grammar. Needless to say, it was really boring. The teacher was G9. Just like the other teachers, like UN and NATO, he is considered to be a international organization. He is a quite young teacher, since he has been born 1965 and has been adopted by the UN. Everyone just kind of forgot he existed in 2012 after Yugoslavia broke contact with him. Apparently G9 decided to become a teacher afterwards. Russia didn't really care.

The tall country grabbed for the old novel in his bag and sighed heavily as he realized the cover had a wrinkle. He probably threw it too forcefully in his bag as NATO yelled at him for having it out during chemistry class. At least no paper ripped out of the book. He opened it and quietly read during the lesson.

G9 asked Russia once if he could put the book away, but his voice was too quiet and even cracked while doing so. The eastern country made up a lie about the book being a grammar book. The teacher let it slip. He was too afraid of Russia to speak up and continued his lesson. Russia wasn't sure how to feel about that. The fact that not just students, but also teachers were afraid of him kind of hurt. Well, at least he could read this book in peace.

The bell rang and Russia didn't want to stop the book just yet. Soviet has scribbled super awkward poems into the book and the description of his crush just screamed "I'm Third Reich." Russia gawked at it like he has seen the end of the world. Of course he knew there has been a romantic interest between these two, but this is just ridiculous. "Russia?" G9 asked, he moved over to Russia's desk.

"W-was the grammar book good?" He stuttered and Russia blinked at him. He knew that G9 recognized that this wasn't a grammar book. Of course it isn't if the title said "Red at heart" in big capital letters. Russia knew he should be nice to him. He was still young after all, but he was just so pissed today. So he clapped the book together and just left. G9 blinked in confusion, but didn't ran after him.

"Russia!" America dashed over to him from the room across him. "We should go home together and-" He stopped talking as he eyed the red book in Russia's hands. "What's that?" The taller country quickly put the book in his backpack and shrugged. "Just a grammar book." America knew that was a lie, but he didn't ask about it again. "So?" Russia just kind of looked at the wall, staring past America."So what?"

America sighed and grabbed for Russia's elbow. "Can I come to your house?" Now he got Russia's attention and he stared down at him. "What? Why?" America looked at him with an annoyed expression. "Stop playing stupid. This is how I will built our friendship, alright?" Russia rolled his eyes. "There's nothing interesting at my home. We should go to yours if you want to spend your free time not so horribly."

Now it was America's turn to look uncomfortable. "About that... My Dad kind of hates you." Russia didn't look surprised at all. "A lot of people hate me, what's the big deal?" The smaller country groaned in frustration. "Jeez, can I just PLEASE come to your fucking house?" He asked and Russia had to let out a small giggle. He let it die down quickly and then he answered: "Okay, sure. Whatever." He actually wanted to read the book, but apparently if you have a blackmailing friend this is the kind of free time you get assigned to.

Russia actually would love to have a real friend, but this thing that America started just doesn't seem right. He didn't believe that America just blackmailed him to be his friend, because that would make him either absolutely stupid or absolutely desperate for a friend. And let's be honest, America has a lot of friends... Right?

While they walked down the corridor, they spotted Japan with South Korea again. America accidentally made eye contact, but quickly looked away before it could turn into something awkward. "Come on." The western country said with an smile and took Russia's hand into his own. He speed up and Russia stumbled after him with a confused look. He stared down at his hands. It looked like they were holding hands. Like a couple.