Chapter 8

Author's note: Actually wanted to post this tommorow, but I felt like the last chapter was too boring, so take it now! :D

"That looks funny." America sadly looked down at his failed attempt of a cardboard butterfly as Russia giggled at it. "At least I made some effort, you just painted letters on little stones." America said back and laid his poor excuse of a butterfly down. It had way too sharp edges and the left wing was crooked. "I painted these stones better than you did your butterfly." Russia said in jokingly proud voice and laid the stones with the letters in a specific order on the table. America stared intensely, wondering what it would spell out.

"Idiot." It spelled idiot. America turned his head back to Russia. "Wow, you are really acting like a little shit today." Russia grinned back: "I'm a tall shit. Not little.", but he flinched as EU suddenly appeared behind them. He laid an hand on Russia's shoulders. "Now, now. That's not a nice way to talk to your lover." The tall country almost choke on his own cough. "What?!"

EU smiled gently at the two boys. "England called us at the evening. Something about making sure you two wouldn't have sex in school again." America and Russian weren't sure if EU talked so loud on purpose or if he was just dumb. But let's be honest, it's probably the first. Russia sent America a harsh glare.

All the other students were now staring at them. Their eyes were focused on America's and Russia's faces. They all were wondering if what EU had said was true. "Is that what you did in the music ro-" Poland tried to ask something, but got interrupted by the school bell. EU immediately looked back at his students. "Alright class, clean up and then get your well deserved break!" He didn't say much afterwards. He just left young countries alone in the classroom.

Russia grabbed the small stones, let them slip in his pockets and then immediately rushed out of the classroom. "Russia, wait!" America tried to stop him, but he was already gone. He sighed and started to clean up the remains of the cardboard by himself. Even though Russia said the butterfly looked stupid, he decided to keep it.

Poland walked over to America. "Is it true?" He stared at America intensely. "Did... Did he force you?" America narrowed his eyes. "No, I just-" A crowd formed around America. Russia forcing him? That was kinda an ironic question."You are not really together with Russia, right?" Japan asked. Her eyes looked disappointed and heartbroken. It confused the western country.

Normally America liked attention, but this just felt awkward. He shook his head. "Then why would the teacher say something like that?" Japan pushed and got uncomfortably close to America. "You are not going to the summer festival with him, right?" She took a step closer. America's breath hitched and before Japan could get too close South Korea grabbed her by her elbow. He pulled her back from the taller country.

"Calm down, Japan. Let him talk out." Her cheeks went a bit red in embarrassment and she agreed with an nod. "I'm sorry." she said and bowed, then turned her head to America. "Please explain." All eyes were on America again. It felt weird. This didn't feel like innocent students asking another student if he had a crush. It didn't feel like a harmless slumber party question. No, instead it felt like he had to defend himself against the other students. Like he did something wrong and now he had to come up with some kind of excuse. They wouldn't just let him laugh it off.

Should he say the truth or lie? But his lie was what got him into this mess! "Well..." America started and wished his brother would had art class with him, but his brother had music class in the first two lessons on Friday.

America leaned against his table to look more casual as he spoke up. "I actually lied to the teachers. Russia pushed me and UN heard it. As he made his way over to the music room Russia begged me not to tell him. So..." America's face went red. "I lied and told UN I gave Russia an blow job..." Now that America has said it out loud he felt a lot more stupid for it. His entire face looked like a tomato.

At first their wasn't must of a reaction, just blank stares. The stares burned into America. They probably thought he was stupid. Then everyone started laughing except Japan, who just narrowed her eyes. Germany clapped on America's back as he said: "Typical America, always trying to be the hero." But his voice sounded too serious to take his comment as a compliment or joke.

The crowd slowly disappeared and America could hear Poland softly whisper to Germany: "Isn't he kinda stupid?" It was met with a giggly "Yes, but shoosh." America wished the ground would open up and swallow him whole.

Japan didn't immediately leave like the other students. She stayed, even after South Korea left. Now her and America were the only two countries left in the classroom. "You should tell the teacher" She said with a worried expression on her face. He blinked back at her in confusion. "Why?" His face was still red, but he tried to ignore that the whole situation has been super embarrassing.

"I mean... Russia always had some kind of anger issues. You can't deny that. In my opinion, you should just try to keep your distance." She sounded worried. America narrowed his eyes and thought about it for a moment. Russia is a lot more open to attack than he always gives himself. A good example was the time as America helped Russia out as he had a breakdown in the toilet stall. America didn't want to keep his distance from Russia. He kinda felt like him and Russia were kind of in the same boat. America felt a lot more vulnerable than others think he is. He couldn't tell Japan that.

So he just laughed it off. "Maybe." He smiled at her and tightened his grip around his cardboard butterfly. "It looks cute by the way." Japan suddenly said and pointed at the failed butterfly. America looked down at it for a moment and then pushed the butterfly in Japan's chest. "You can have it." He said without thinking much about it. Her face went red, but America was oblivious to that as he rushed out of the room. "I gotta go!" He quickly winked as he left. He wanted to talk with Russia before the break ended.