Chapter 7

It was Friday. America hastily walked over to the school gate with his brother by his side. He didn't like the school at all. He would describe it as super-ancient, but not in the good YuGiOh kind of way... It's just... boring. The fact that his father went to the same school as he was young makes it even worse.

America's stomach ached slightly, but not because he ate any bad food. He is pretty much immune against stuff like that. He had enough chemically improved hamburgers to develop some kind of super stomach. But anyway, it ached, because he was worried about what kind of complaints his father has made to the teachers on the phone yesterday. Of course what happened wasn't true.. Why would he give Russia a blow job anyway? But it was pretty hard to convince teachers about stuff like that. Especially if you are to one who bought that lie to life. The whole situation made America really nervous and it's not like America hasn't realized that Russia seemed to be pretty upset about America's "friendship blackmail". He didn't want to be Russia's enemy and therefore he thought about how to make things right all night. He even got eye bags from the lack of sleep, but he couldn't find a good solution to-

"America?" His brother carefully poked him in the side. "If you are finished with your flashback episode, you might wanna know, I just saw Russia bypass us." America blinked at his brother. "Wait what- Where is he?" He managed to get out and rotated in a circle like an idiot. Canada cringed in his mind and then placed his hands on his brother's shoulders. "Maybe a bit less noticeable?" He asked softly with an grin on his face and then ever so slightly pointed at the direction of Russia.

Russia was leaning against a tree while trying to make himself look as small as possible, which isn't really possible if you are the tallest country in the world. He didn't seem to have gotten a lot more sleep than America either. He had eye bags under his eyes and wore a plain blue hoodie. America bit his lips as he stared down at the country's arms for a moment. He made a step forward, winked his brother goodbye and then made his way over to Russia.

"Are you trying to hide? Or what's with that weird posture?" America asked jokingly as he supported his arm on the tree. "So... You were being serious with that blackmail thing?" Russia asked while staring down at his phone. The tall country had a chat open with Ukraine, but America couldn't read it since it was in Russian. Of course America didn't want to force Russia to being his friend, but if it was the only way to make this poor unsocial fuck to do anything, he had to! "Absolutely!" the shorter country said in a lot louder voice than intended.

Immediately Russia closed his phone and slipped it into his hoodie pocket. "Alright." "Wait what-" The tall country hold a finger in front of America's mouth to keep him from talking. "I said alright, but just so you know... America, I don't trust you. This is weird. - Most importantly, you are weird. I don't know what you get out of being my friend and that's scary. So after my wounds are healed again this poor excuse for an friendship is over." America figured that he had trouble to get the words out due to his accent getting thicker than usual. "Sure, alright. This pact is officially over after you stop self harming." America nodded while Russia gave him a glare. "You don't have to say it out loud for everyone to hear, you know?" America was sure he could somehow keep this friendship up, even after his blackmail is "out-of-date".

Afterwards, the school bell rang. America happily grabbed for Russia's hand and dragged the other country along to the entrance. Russia didn't seemed to be happy about being touched liked that, but he kept his mouth closed and followed America into the big building. "Let's sit together during art class." America continued their conversation as their headed to the classroom. "Sure, whatever." America didn't really feel happy about the answer. Since after the fight, that they had, Russia was colder to him than before. Well, it was kinda calculated, but still.

America sat down at the front of the classroom, which was unfortunate for Russia, since he hated sitting at the front. The unusual seatmates instantly got the attention of the other students. To see Russia sit in the front was weird, but seeing Russia sit with America, after they had a fight yesterday, was just a insane sight.

"Holy shit, what happened in the music room yesterday?" Poland asked to Germany as he sat down next to him. They both also sat in the front, one table away from America. The German shrugged, just as confused as his lover. They were about to say more, but got interrupted as the teacher came in. European Union was smaller than NATO, but that didn't mean he wasn't just as intimidating, if not even more. His 12 stars fly just above his head, a little bit like an angel halo. If he really is an angel now is a matter of opinion. EU is Ukraine's favorite teacher, but Russia loathes him. Probably because EU would sometimes treat the other countries like his children. No one could replace Soviet's father figure in Russia's life.

"Alright then students." EU clapped his hands together to get the students attention. "I have exciting news for you." Russia groaned at that and America elbowed him to be quite. As EU looked down at America and Russia he was surprised. "Seeing you two sit together is also good news though." He smiled gently at the boys which was met with a few laughs from other students and then he continued. "We almost have summer break and Japan had the beautiful idea to host an summer festival." The countries turned around to Japan who was sitting at the back, of course on the left side at the window, like in any anime ever. She smiled happily and waved at them for a moment. "That's right! School summer festivals are common in my country." America mentally added in his brain: "And in every anime ever." The students clapped and then turned back to the teacher. "So I have decided that we will do decorations for the festival today!" Now this wasn't met with such delight.