Chapter Two

Roger's obnoxious friend, Freddie, was right. He wouldn't need to remember my name for very long. It had been nearly a week since Roger invited me to their show, promising that he would call me the next day, and I hadn't heard from him since.

I got to spend the rest of that weekend at home, alone, just like I had planned, but it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. It was Wednesday now and I was drained after a long day of attending class and then working a shift at the clothing store.

Working at the store was pretty nice, I will admit. It was never too crowded in there and the lady I worked for was almost like a second mum to me. She would invite me over for dinner after work every now and again. Her flat was right above the store and she made the best cottage pie.

There was no dinner date tonight, unfortunately, and I was starving after my shift was over.

I sighed helplessly as I shut the lights of the store off, locking up quickly before attempting to leave, but I had no such luck as I turned around and bumped right into something, or someone.

"Roger." My eyes widened at the sight of the boy who was only about two inches taller than me.

"Oh good, you've finished up at work, let's go." He grabbed my arm, turning on his heels before attempting to drag me along with him.

"What the hell." I muttered, "Where are we going?" I tried planting my feet to the floor, but nearly fell on my face as Roger kept leading me in the opposite direction of my flat.

"Freddie and I's place. We've been busy with a writing session all day and I'm sick of the guys. I thought I'd come find some company." He shrugged, as if what was happening was completely normal.

"So you decided to come and abduct me?"

He looked over his shoulder, grinning as he nodded, "Exactly."

"I need to get home, Roger. I have classes in the morning." I once again tried to pull away from his grasp, but he was determined.

"I won't keep you out that long."

I decided to give up, I was much too tired to argue with someone as persuasive and demanding as Roger.

"I'm only staying for a little bit." He let go of my arm, letting me walk next to him. "Do you live far from here?"

"I wouldn't have walked all the way to you if we lived far." He chuckled, pointing at a building up ahead. "That's us."

I wasn't mentally prepared to be social. My hair was a mess and the little bit of make up I put on this morning was probably long gone. I also didn't feel like being around someone as egotistical as Freddie. He literally paid no mind to me the other night, he simply acted like I wasn't there at all.

At least Brian and John were friendly. I hope they're always as friendly as they were that night.

It was a matter of minutes before we were heading up the stairs of Roger's building. It was small inside, the paint on the walls was chipping off and the building was freezing. I hope their flat is a bit nicer than this.

"I'm back! See, I told you I'd only be gone for a moment." Roger called as we stepped into the tiny flat.

I was relieved at the wave of warmth that hit me as I walked in. It was much cozier in here.

"A moment? You left an hour ago." Brian muttered, standing up from the couch and placing his guitar down on its stand before walking over to us.

An hour ago? I wonder where he went before he came to get me from the store.