Chapter 21

Why do I feel like my ears are ringing? Or the fire alarm is really beeping? Oh, I smell smoke from.....

         The kitchen!

         Miracle dashed down through the hallway to the kitchen as fast as her legs could take her. She was damn sure it was Kayden's doing. And it was definitely a sight to see.

              Black smoke filled the whole kitchen. Cookie stood at the entrance of the Kitchen and barked relentlessly. And there he was in all his majestic form with a frying pan in his hands trying to drive away the smoke and yelling on the top of his lungs.

              "Everything is fine. Nothing to worry about." He kept repeating the same thing again and again in the midst of coughing and sneezing. Even Miracle had to cover her face so that she wouldn't inhale the smoke.

                  Without saying anything to him, she just went and opened all the windows. And slowly all the smoke drifted out and the room cleared.

            "Phew! Wow! That was hard." He exclaimed while seating himself on the couch with a tired thud.

                  "And what exactly were you trying to do, Kay?"

                   "Uh.. Cook?" He scratched his neck nervously.

              "By burning down my house?"

             "It's not like that. I was just trying to bake an apple pie, but I don't know what happened to the stupid micro-wave, it just stopped working and when I opened it, the pie was burnt and smoke started forming and.. and.." Kayden tried his best to explain, only to find that Miracle had gone to the kitchen to clean up.

             He suddenly felt really guilty for creating all the mess. But in all honesty, he was just trying to bake. Probably he shouldn't have. May be from next time he can just order from outside or ask someone else to make it.

               He ran a hand over his face in frustration. He just wanted to surprise her with a good, delicious apple pie. May be he should stop with all the surprises and ask her out for a dinner date like a normal person. But first for that, he'd have to go take a bath. He smelled of smoke and looked like smoke too, with all the black patches on his face.

                  He was just about to enter the bathroom when he heard Miracle's painful scream. He ran to the kitchen in just a towel tied around his waist to whether everything was okay with her.

                    "Is everything okay, baby? Why did you scream? Why in the world are you crying? Did you get hurt? Tell me. Please." He asked, frantically checking her for any injuries, only to be hit on his head.

                   "Everything is not okay. You fool! You good for nothing absolute fool. What do you think of yourself? That you are all high and mighty and shit!" Miracle continued between her sobs and pulling his hair. Kayden's painful moans and groans were completely ignored.

                After a while it just became to painful to handle her temper. He caught hold of her wrist and made ehr stand still. He looked into her teary eyes with a confused expression.

                   "Will you please tell me what happened? I really can't see you crying like this." Kayden asked her patiently.

                "YOU GOD DAMNED FOOL! WHO IN THIS FREAKING WORLD PUTS A PLATINUM RING IN THE OVEN TO BAKE WITH A APPLE PIE?! AND..  AND WHAT IS THIS? WHAT IS WRITEN ON THIS RING?" Miracle yelled.

                "M.K. Forever bound, Mutually." Kayden mumbled and lowered his head in embarrassment.

                  "Mr.Kayden King! Were you going to propose today?" Miracle sniffed as she spoke.

             "Uh.. Yeah!"

          "Oh! I love you so much! I am getting married, Kay." Miracle dashed in open arms.

                 "We are getting married, darling. We are getting married." He smiled at her joyfully. After all this wait. Finally they could be one and no one could come in between them.

                  "Funny, isn't it? How my fiancé proposed me in just a towel. This is going to so much fun to talk about." Miracle smiled at him mischievously.

                  "I'll go call mom and Nella. And you should get ready. Because, as soon as dad comes to know, he's going to be here to interrogate you."

                 Finally. We'll be one. And our mutual attraction will keep us bound. Forever.

*****************************

A/N:

YAY!! THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED.

FINALLY. YOOO HOOO..

SO WITH 2-3 MORE CHAPTERS THIS STORY WILL COME TO AN END WITH THE HAPPIEST ENDING :-(

TELL ME WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE?

ENJOY READING..

UNTIL LATER...

LOVE TRISH!