Chapter 2

Miracle could recognize that soft, husky voice anywhere. She had gotten so used to it that, even in semi comal state someone was to ask her to name the person behind that voice, she could blindly state it.

                 She gave the bartender a small smile, approving the order. She had decided not to acknowledge the person's presence, but that became difficult when she felt a hand being placed on her shoulder. Sighing, she finally paid attention to the person.

              "What do you want Danny?"

              Dante Cortez was a devilishly handsome guy with charms that could make aunt Miranda with 9 cats fall head over heels love with him. His sexy Spanish accent was just another plus point.

                 If it weren't the fact that he was Kayden's right hand man and a big brother like figure to her, she would have been swooning at his feet as soon as she heard his voice.

                  "Shhhh... Quite down, woman! If The Devil sees me talking to you, he'll have my throat cut off." Dante hissed through his teeth.

                "Why? You are like my brother Danny!" This was the conversation they usually had when they met. Which was quite fortunate, because Kayden wouldn't allow Dante to come anywhere near her.

                "We go through this every time. You, I and the whole world knows that you are like my little sister, except for Kayden. And other than that, the guy has eyes of a hawk and senses stronger than a werewolf and vampire blend, when it comes to you." His description of Kayden was quite appropriate.

                 When it came to Miracle, he sure was a blend of werewolf and a vampire. Though Kayden had never personally interfered in her life, he had always kept an eye on her. During high-school he made sure,  she was in no way bullied or harassed by jocks or the prep group. It wasn't like, he didn't allow her to have a boyfriend. She had full right to have one at her own terms. He just kept her away from danger.

                   She had once asked Kayden out of curiosity, why he wasn't like other best friends who were kind of possessive and intimidating. Kayden had laughed on her face and told her that she had read too many teen-fictions. He had explained to her that his job was to protect her, not to isolate her. In fact, he had advised her to have a boyfriend.

             Then again, that was the main reason why never had one.

           Yeah! Other than the fact that I was super busy dating all those dashing novel heroes.

               You never fail to amaze me my friend! Never.

                 Hmmm.... ! Don't you think that is main reason why we are writing and others are reading? It is our job to amaze them.

                  "How many times have I told you to stay away from Miracle, Dante Cortez? I see you trying to hit on her one more time and you will be fired. "

              Well now that was a voice she could identify, even after having a severe memory loss. It was printed in her head and heart like a gum stuck under the tables of high school students in Math class.

                           She was taken aback by his sudden appearance out of nowhere, causing her to spill all of her drink on her expensive dress.

                 "Shit! Kayden, you scared me. Try not being so discreet from next time. You are not James Bond." Miracle stated, highly irritated by Kayden.