Chapter 9

A few weeks had passed since moving incident. As expected there was no actual baby making, instead Miracle had kicked him out of their bedroom and he had to crash in the guest room. Though later on he had tried making up by cooking break-fast, which in turn had set the fire alarms off and him becoming the reason for Miracle's endless amusement. And not to forget the endless teasing from his office staff, since the news had spread like rapid fire.

                    Oh! The irony.

                 Never once had anyone ever dared to tease him or laugh on him. He was always categorized in one of those 'Angry Young Men' clique. And now, after being engaged with Miracle, he had suddenly become the clown of the crowd. Without any particular reason people giggled and chuckled looking at him, even the board of directors of the company including his father and Ethan. Ethan sure had raised an extra-ordinary character. She would never bend down to him or listen to him. It seemed kind of strange since, during her teenage days, Miracle followed every word he said and trusted him blindly. Now-a-days she had been doing all but listening to him. It felt like she had developed a rebellious bone all of a sudden. 

          Well, coming back to the present, Kayden had finally managed to make an omelet without burning it and taking a picture of it to show Miracle later on. She had her signing today in one of the malls in their locality. Miracle had recently completed and published her book 'The Love House'. The book had gained instant popularity , making her book one of the best selling books of the month. So, Miracle being busy for a few days, Kayden had to cook and clean everything by himself, hence resulting in him being late for the office. even tough he is the boss, he preferred to be punctual all the time. He believed it would set an example for all the employees and he expected them to do the same as well. What he didn't expect was, his employees greeting him with flowers and cards written Happy Journey on it. 

                           "Dante, what the hell is going on over here? And why in world are you pushing me out of the office?" Kayden asked Dante who was busy pushing him towards the elevator and grinning like a Cheshire cat from ear to ear. 

                  "Nothing. Jared is waiting for you at the car park to take you to the airport." Jared was another one of the most trusted employees Kayden had including Dante. 

                       "Airport? Why Airport?" Kayden asked again anxiously to which Dante gave a look of annoyance and pushed him into the car and closed the door without a word. The car dashed out at its full speed, startling Kayden and clutching on to his seat belt.

                        "Dang it, Jared! What's the rush all about? Slow down a bit, will you?"

                     "No can do, sir. We have high orders to take you to the airport as soon as possible. Hold on tight, I am going to speed up." Jared said speeding up even more.