Chapter 65~ Valyrian Royalty

Začať od začiatku

"So am I."  Devrys suddenly came inside, his hands across his chest. He had been watching Daenerys closely, as if she was going to do anything at any moment.

"Devrys-" But it was too late for any excuses. Daenerys knee in her blood that he's heard precisely everything.

"Did you really think I'd let you anywhere near her?" Devrys said, looking at Daenerys. "Nonetheless your little puppies around her?"

"You don't know how this affects-"

"It doesn't matter," Dev said, his sapphire eyes burning. I am sworn to protect her and I intend to keep my promise. If anything happens to her I will kill you-"

"Kill her and you die." Grey worm said, which Daenerys saw almost made Devrys laugh. Devrys looked between her and grey worm, is to look if they were serious.

Devrys took a serious look at Grey worm and shook his head. Devrys was much taller and much more muscular than grey worm, he looked dangerous and he was dangerous.

"I would die for my Queen, as would you. Difference is, I know that who I am fighting for would fight alongside with me. Would yours?"

Daenerys was a bit confused. She told him she loved him, despite that he didn't love her back, refused to bend the knee to her. What was he seeing in her that he wouldn't see in Daenerys herself?

"What does she have that I don't?" Daenerys suddenly said out loud, without actually thinking about it whatsoever.  Maybe this time... was the last time she'd have to ask.

"I have wealth, armies, dragons and ships,I am kind and compassionate to my people, I fight for them just as much as she does! I may not wield a sword but I wield the power to punish the people in the wrong! I am a good Queen, Devrys! And it's time you realize that just because you have feelings for her does not make me a less better Queen than her."

She said it... she had wanted to say it for so long but scared to hear the answer. However, it was true. Daenerys thought that she actually measured to Helena's beauty, had the eyes and the face and the body! Daenerys was beautiful.

However, the look on Devrys fave almost said otherwise.

"It's not about who can fight," he said with pity. "It's not about armies nor wealth! It's not about any birth right or dragons..! It's about the things you do, the things you say and what you're willing to do. I'm not saying you need to learn how to hold a sword, but Helena did." Devrys said.

Grey worm suddenly coughed sarcastically. "She did it for herself."

Devrys shot a glare at Grey worm, a deadly look. But then he nodded.

"You're right, she did it so she could defend herself... she did it because she knew the dangers in the castle. She did it to protect her family, her sisters. Her son. Her father."

Daenerys looked down at her feet as Devrys look turned to her.

"Elyana was no royalty in King's Landing, no one knew who she really was, because back then she was still known as a bastard or a Baratheon. She had no reason to actually swing the sword to justice, she only had her family."

"What's your point?" Missandei questioned, annoyed clearly.

"...My point is that you mind your own business with a clear head cause if you get near her, you might lose your head before you can even scream."

"Do not threaten-"

Daenerys held up her hand at Grey worm and shook her head.

"No." She said, eyes big and wild. "Don't."

And then she came, opening the door to the hall which they had been discussing in. As she opened the door, her eyes went directly to Daenerys. They looked like they ere on fire, the most wild violet eyes Daenerys had seen.
For the first time as Daenerys looked at her niece, she saw what most people saw. Incompatible beauty, a warrior, a Queen.

She saw pure Targaryen royalty, Valyrian royalty. She hated it.

"Dany."

"Elly."

"We've got some issues."

"Indeed we do."