Chapter 22~ Elyana Targaryen

Devrys' POV;

He hadn't believed that anyone would be seriously harmed. As a matter of fact,Devrys believed all of them would make it out alive. But that was not the case.

The one man he had not expected to come was actually there and had helped them flee, probably on command from another Queen. However, nonetheless, still surprising that he made it in time. Otherwise all of them would be dead, mostly because of Helena. 

Jorah Mormont was looking at him with concern as he placed Helena safely on Claw's stomach to lay down.

"I must say, I didn't believe the rumors." Jorah Mormont said as Devrys got up and tied the horse to the nearest tree. Rhaegar and Stark were concerned for Helena and stood quite close to her, almost protectively. 

"About what?"Devrys asked as he walked towards Jorah. Of course, Devrys knew of him. How could he not...

"I didn't believe she was a dragon or the daughter of Rhaegar or Lyanna, and I absolutely did not believe the part about dragons. Neither did Daenerys Targaryen."

Devrys had not seen Daenerys, had only heard of her and from what he knew, she was doing quite and exquisite work. However, he believed in Helena. 

"Helena is more than just a dragon, she's a Queen."

"Daenerys is-"

"This one is the rightful Heir to the Throne, besides you know the rules. If your Queen is not the rightful one, you must pledge." Devrys said in Helena's defence, although knowing Helena did not want the Iron Throne. Still... She was the rightful Queen and she was fitted for the role far better in Devrys mind. 

"Daenerys has fought allot and she's survived-"

"Oh, really?" This made Dervys quite mad, knowing the Khaleesi had not experienced what his Queen had. Not nearly. 

"I can assure you." Jorah said calmly, his face bitter. Devrys shook his head and laughed bitterly, Jorah really had no idea. 

Devrys pointed to the unconscious Helena. "She lived her entire life as a bastard! She went to Kings Landing thinking her little sister was going to marry that dick, when really she was legitimized into a Stark. She learned how to fight but despite that she let her husband beat her until her body was bleeding and filled with scars! Her father died in front of her eyes, an innocent  man and so did her baby that was killed by his own father! She was beaten and almost raped in front of everyone in the Great Hall. They tried to burn her alive, Jorah! And now her brothers dead and so is his wife and unborn child, the only woman she knew as a mother is also dead! Her home isn't even safe for her anymore!" Devrys hadn't even realized how angry he was. 

Indeed, Helena had a story that no woman could possibly live through. After all, she came here in the first place to settle everything right. 

All that Devrys said had somehow made sense to Jorah, since he looked at his left and saw Helena sitting straight up, her beautiful violet eyes staring at Devrys. 

She had most likely heard everything, yet she kept a straight face. 

"They're all dead." she said, as if realizing it. He couldn't blame her for forgetting though, for the minute she had see Catelyn die in front of her eyes she had killed men that weren't even attacking her. 

After she'd killed most of them, she had collapsed. 

Helena got up on her feet and looked at Jorah with a blank face. "You're Jorah Mormont, are you not?" she questioned, just as Jorah nodded. 

"I am."

"House Mormont's allegiance is with the Stark's, are they not?" she questioned with a hard tone, staring at him with a deadly look. The dry blood on her face made her scary in a very beautiful way. 

Jorah nodded, looking down at the snow as he swallowed. "Yes, they are."

"Tell me, Jorah," Helena said, walking towards him. "How did you come at such a wrong time?"

"I did not-"

"Do not lie to me." Helena said softly. "I ask of you to be loyal, in honor for my father and family, I ask of you to be loyal and honest."  There was a long pause just as Devrys hoped that Jorah would speak the truth. 

He hoped that Helena would order him to chop his head off. 

"I was spying, my Queen." My Queen? There wasn't just a sudden change in his tone, but he also seemed to admire her. 

"And yet, you did not help the family that your House is alleged to?" 

"No." 

"So why did you help me?" Helped? Devrys was confused now. 

"I saw you losing it and killing every man in your way, ordering your dragons to burn every man who was an enemy because you had been betrayed."

"I know very well what happened," Helena said blankly. "But why did you help me?"

"You dropped your weapons for the sake of Lady Stark when you were about to die. That... made me realize you weren't like any other Queen."

Jorah's POV;

He had not expected to be fond of her, had not expected to grow such respect for someone he had just met. But there was something in her violet eyes, something that sparked, that made him... switch. 

He now understood somehow why Devrys believed in her. 

Jorah suddenly went down on his knee, his body acting on its own. "I am sincerely sorry, my Queen-"

"I am not your Queen." she said. "I never will be your Queen, I have no desire of becoming Queen." Jorah looked up at her, seeing her beautiful face being completely blank. It was like her emotions had been shut off. 

Jorah got up, a confused grimace on his face as she spoke. "I want revenge for my family. I want to kill the Lannister's and every man who tried to hurt any innocent people, and if your Queen sent you, tell her that if she comes for me I will kill her within in a heart beat." 

Jorah suddenly went defensive, however he did not doubt it. This Queen knew how to fight, and despite her saying she was not going to become a Queen she still had the spirit of one. Actually... Elyana Targaryen did not act like a Queen at all. 

She was in fact acting as a King would. However... 

"Elyana Targaryen, daughter of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Lady Lyanna Stark, true heir to the Iron Throne. I have pledged myself to the Targaryen Queen. However, since she is not the rightful Queen I am now pledged to you."

"What?" the Queen questioned, almost in shock. 

"It is the rules, he's pledged to someone in your family. If she is not the heir, he cannot serve her." Devrys explained, which reminded Jorah as he reached for something on the left side of his belt. 

"You're not just a Targaryen," Jorah suddenly said. "You're a Stark,too. Since your brother is not here, it is yours."

And in his hands was Ice. 

Helena looked at the sword with disbelief, her eyes showing emotions as she took the sword into her hands. 

She clung to the sword so hard that her palms started to bleed on the sword, but instead of stopping, she hugged it tighter as she fell onto her knees, sobbing. 

That's when Jorah knew that she was not afraid to show weakness, for it only showed more strength.