Chapter 62~ Love

Before Helena knew who she really was, before she was legitimized or any of that, she had the biggest heart that would always be protected by her brothers. Instead of wielding a sword she wielded something greater than that. 

Kindness. 

As she looked at Damien whom had been injured, his shoulder still bleeding, she knew that whatever it was she did there... It was because he brought that side out of her. Carefully she tried to patch him up and take care of him. 

"Why didn't you leave?" he questioned her, which she knew that he would ask. It wasn't very difficult to answer, she already had the answer to it. However, telling the truth... Would it make her look weak? 

Helena decided otherwise. 

"You saved me before," she answered. "When no one would, you did. You came to my rescue and I owe you my life for that." 

"I wouldn't have died." Yes, she knew that. "You had your chance to leave. I know you've wanted to."

"Like I said," Helena said, carefully wiping away the blood as she sat. "You saved me and we're even now."

"Is that so?" No, it wasn't like that at all. She owed him much more than just her life, but she couldn't possibly just leave him. 

"He still looks at you like he loves you." Damien suddenly said, which made Helena's heart stop. She knew who he was talking about and for some reason it made her happy that he said that.

"That guard of yours," he continued. "He really does have eyes for you. It's a shame we'll be sharing the roof tonight."

Damien had the courtesy to let them sleep the night, which Helena was grateful for. It showed that he could let her have it her way too. And the thought of Devrys being here tonight made her happier. The last time they'd made love was what she often thought about at times. 

"Do you still love him?" Damien's cold eyes met hers. She had this inability to lie about things like this, so she kept looking him in the eyes. 

"Yes." she whispered. "I do." 

"Why's that? He left you to die-"

"Devrys got me out of King's Landing," she said, remembering everything. "He taught me how to fight, took me home my brothers and helped me along the way to becoming who I am today. He's risked his life far too many times for me. I know what he did was a mistake."

"Why are you like that?" Damien questioned. 

"Like what?" 

"So...forgiving and loving. How could you forgive something like that?" 

"Because I understand, Damien."

"The only thing I understand is that he has to be killed. Someone has to pay for it. I mean, he has that awful hair, isn't that already reason enough to show how deranged he is? Completely mad!"

"For being wounded, you still have a big mouth."

And they laughed, together. Probably for the first time since she arrived.

Devry's POV;

He was behind the wall, listening to what they were talking about. He hadn't meant to pry, but he just happened to walk in on them when they were talking about him. Her laugh was something he had missed so dearly and as she had spoken about still loving him, about forgiving him! 

As Devrys walked away, all so clearly, he just had to bump into the person that he truly did not want to see. 

"Ser Devrys." Daenerys Targaryen said, her eyes shining as she looked at him. Devrys knew that this woman was very beautiful, beyond beautiful. Valyrians had that affect, had that beauty. But he had such angst about being in bed with her...

"My lady." he said blankly. Daenerys smiled at him, probably for calling her a lady and not a Queen. However, she knew that the only Queen to him was Elyana. 

"I need to speak with you." 

And they did, they walked into a room where they made sure wasn't close to the chambers of the Night King. Devrys was unsure why he agreed to it. 

As they were in the room, Devrys closed the door behind them, turned around to see a very angry Daenerys. 

"We can't stay here." 

"We?"

"I agreed to killing the Night King and his army, not to sleep at the enemy's castle."

"I know her," Devrys said. "She has something plotted."

"Do you really believe that strongly?" 

"Yes, I do!" he said angrily. "She is my Queen and I believe in her for every reason the others do. Why are you trying to break that faith?!"

"Don't you see why?!" she almost shouted back. "I want to leave with you because I love you!" Devrys thought he heard wrong at first. 

But he did not.

This woman, whom was beautiful and harsh, looked at him sadly with eyes so big that made him drown in them. But as he kept looking in her eyes, Helena's voice whispered in his head, held onto his heart, held onto him. 

Daenerys walked closer to him, her lips growing closer and closer to his. The closer she got, the more he heard Helena's voice.

"I can't." he said, his hands on Daenery's hips, pushing her away lightly. "I'm sorry but I cannot." 

Daenerys looked at him strangely. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No... No, it's not you. I just..."

"You love her." Daenerys finished for him. "You love her despite the fact that she protected the man who also feels for her." 

Devrys wanted to explain to her that he had loved her since the first day he laid eyes on her, wanted to protect her with his life and keep her from harm. Now he wants to fight by her side, keep her company in every battle. 

"What we did... It can't be done again. I am in love with her."

"Do you honestly think you'll have a future with her?" Daenerys burst out. "Do you think that her love for you is as strong as yours?" 

"I slept with you, Daenerys! I slept with you and I did it while she was gone, while was being kept in this fucking castle with this dickhead! So yes! Yes, I think I have a future with her and even if I didn't, it wouldn't matter! I will always love her." 

Daenerys almost looked hurt, eyes narrowed but not in a cocky way. More like it was disbelief, as if she couldn't believe his words. 

"Mind I remind you that you kissed me first," Daenerys said. "I fell for you because you remind me of... my last lover. But..."

"But what?" Devrys said, almost exhausted as he clapped his hands on the sides of his legs. He was somewhat exhausted, the more the days passed the more he felt like he was being driven away from Hell.

"You cannot blame me for her leaving you." Daenerys said, which made him realize... 

Helena had protected him, had agreed to staying and was taking care of his wounds as they were discussing. 

"Question is," Devrys said quietly. "Is she staying here to protect everyone or because she loves him?"