Chapter 1~ Twin Bastards

Living somewhere else was beyond her thoughts. She loved Winterfell, there would never be a place other than Winterfell. She admired the people of Winterfell, the smell and the food, the stories of Winterfell. 

There was not a single thing that Helena Snow did not love about Winterfell... Of course, except for being a bastard daughter of Lord Eddard Stark. 

However, it was not as bad as it sounded. Being a bastard in general probably was bad, but being under Lord Stark's watch and be raised under his roof was more than she could ever ask for. He was kind to her, something a Lord usually was not to his bastards. But Lord Stark was different. 

He was always kind to her and Jon, always.

But she knew, from Lady Stark's look on her right now, that she despised Helena more than anything. Not only Helena, but Jon, too. It was no wonder though! Of course Lady Stark despised them, they were bastards of Lord Stark. 

He had slept with another woman while Robb had been born. It would be natural for her wrath to turn against the bastards. 

However, today was a different day... 

"The King will be arriving at any minute!" Sansa said happily, her eyes looking dreamy. Helena's sister Sansa was only eleven, yet she was dreaming of marrying the Prince. Which would be a great possibility. 

Helena knew that her father and King Robert were close friends, going ages back to Robert's Rebellion when Helena herself was born. However, marrying off a Stark to a Baratheon would be a great advantage to make the bonds greater between the two Houses. 

This was something clear in everyone's eyes, even Helena's. Besides, it seemed like Sansa merely day dreamed of it. 

Helena smiled at her sister and nodded. 

"Are you ready to meet him then?" Helena asked as she looked at her sister whom was smiling like the biggest fool in love. Of course, Helena had seen this look on Grejoy's face plenty of times when he came back from the brothels. He claimed every woman as the love of his life depending on how well she fucked. 

Although, Sansa's look was more pure than that, obviously. 

"Oh, Elena," she said, using Helena's nickname. "I can't possibly wait to meet him! I hear he's handsome and as fearless as a lion." Sansa said, her beautiful blue eyes shining with admiration. 

Helena was almost certain that Sansa would be betrothed to Joffrey Baratheon. It would be a perfect match and two great Houses would be allied and nonetheless more powerful. Of course, Helena doubted that's what her father was thinking. 

If marriage had even crossed his mind, that is. 

Suddenly, Sansa was eyeing Helena as she petted her direwolf, Claw. Claw was a fierce beast, as beautiful as the moon itself. Her direwolf was almost identical to Jon's, but with the most beautiful illuminating blue,icy eyes that could possibly exist. Claw had exceptional strength even as she was still just a little pup. 

However, she had grown almost bigger than Ghost and Nymeria. Ghost and Claw looked alike, except Claw was as beautiful as she looked vicious and fearsome. 

"What is it?" Helena asked her sister curiously. 

"What if the King wants you to marry Joffrey?" Now that was an interesting and savage idea. SO many thoughts were winding up in Helena's mind, and all of them were very good reasons to why she would not, in any dimension or realm, marry Joffrey Baratheon. 

"I'm not even a Stark, Sansa. I'm a bastard." she said as she got up and looked at her sister with a kind smile. The kind of smile that only Helena could give someone. The kind of smile that no one else but her possessed. 

Helena touched her sisters auburn flaming hair as the other hand rested on her cheek. 

"You're a Stark. A beautiful and strong Stark of Winterfell!" Helena encouraged. "The King would not pick any other girl but you to marry the prince. You're the most beautiful girl in Winterfell." Even though, Helena wanted none of that for her half little sister. 

Sansa was still so very young, she did not know the first thing about love or marriage or sex for that matter. Helena wished her sister could see that she was still so very young, but then again.. If the King wishes it, then no one can stop it.

"But I'm not," Sansa said as she looked her sister in the eyes, almost sadly. "You're prettier than me." Helena shook her head and gave another smile. 

"I appreciate it, but there's a certain beauty that only some people possess, Sansa, and that is a good heart."

"You better hurry up before they get here." Robb suddenly entered the room, without knocking, and looked at his sisters. Robb and Helena got along very well. Truth was, he even tried to learn Helena how to fight. 

However, she was more than just hopeless. She could not even lift a sword nor a dagger, nonetheless a bow. Helena was a hopeless fighter and a hopeless lady as well. She knew her manners, but she did not care. 

"What're you talking about?" Helena looked at her brother, irritated, and threw him a vicious look. 

But before she could throw a snotty comment she heard Lady Stark shouting for all of them to get in formation for the King and Queen. Obviously, Helena was not to be seated in the front with the rest of the Stark family. 

She was to be behind the Stark's with Jon for obvious reasons. The two of them were bastards, the twin bastards as they were called. 

However, there was no denying in it. Helena possessed great beauty. Surely, Jon was her twin, and they did have some similarities such as their nose and hair. But Helena had full lips and while Jon possessed warm and brown eyes, Helena's eyes were directed to a very deep, blue. Almost a violet color with a hint of blue specks. 

On her way down to where people had gathered she saw her brothers following Lady Stark, hurrying them to position as planned. All except for one. 

"Jon!" Her brother turned around, seeing Helena run towards him with a smile on her face as she did. Helena had never been much of a fighter, nor had she been much of a lady, but she was surely a very fast runner. Her height helped, considering Helena was quite short. 

Jon looked at her and nodded. "Don't you look dressed up. Snatching the King away from the lion?" Jon joked as she rolled her eyes. She and Jon were always close. 

Always, nothing could break that bond that the two of them had, or the bond she had with Robb. After all, the three of them were the same age, so they were always with each other. 

"A 15 year old girl stealing the King from Queen Cersei?" Helena wondered. "Would I really go for the fat pig, though?"

"Quiet down..." Robb said with a grin on his face, clearly smirking. "If father hears you, you will be scowled." And that was certain. 

Suddenly, before Helena even knew it, Arya came shouting that they were coming. 

And indeed, the carriages started to roll into Winterfell.