Chapter 45~ The pack survives

There they were, sitting by the table. They were all there, together, and it felt like ages ago they all had been together like this. Except, this was different.

Helena sat at the very front of the table, hands entwined as Dev was behind her, Sansa on her left and Arya by her side as Jon sat on her right. The Stark's, the children of Eddard Stark. Two known bastards and two true born daughters.

And this was war.

Helena knew that once again, she had claimed something that was not hers.

"Queen in the North, they say." Tyrion said, looking at her with a smirk. She should be happy, but she felt it in her bones that this was not her seat.

"Sansa is the heir," Helena said suddenly. "I am not a true born Stark-"

"You are, though." Arya interrupted. "You two are true borns by a much higher rank than us." Helena and Jon looked at each other, knowing that what little Arya had just said was kind of true.

Their father was Rhaegar Targaryen and their mother was Lyanna Stark. They were two houses of which were greatly powerful. The Stark's held the North and the Targaryen's had the entire Seven Kingdoms. Not to mention, Helena had been enough in Essos for the people to call her by Queen.

"Jon is the rightful heir," Helena said. "He is-"

"Not the first born." Jon commented. "Even father told us that you were born before me. You are the rightful Queen, Elena. You are the first born daughter of Rhaegar and Lyanna Targaryen. Not a bastard, not the second born but a true born, the first born."

Helena looked at Tyrion for confirmation and he simply nodded. "The minute the Mad King died your father became the new King, unfortunately he was already dead. But you were not. You're what they called-"

"...The lost King." Helena whispered, understanding that it had been rumored for Rhaegar to have other children. But that just what people believed 17 years ago, Daenerys had taken that place.

"Daenerys still considers herself the Queen," Helena said and looked at her bruised fingers. "She will stop at nothing to get her father's throne back."

"Daenerys took a liking into being the true heir to the throne," Sansa said dryly. "You are the rightful Queen, you are the heir to the Iron Throne and officially the Queen of the North. You saw all those people whom started to cheer-"

"I will not start another war because of a stupid throne." Helena said. "Daenerys is a Targaryen and by blood even our aunt. I spent my days with her and I even though we are the same age I... I won't start a war with her. She has an army, an army much bigger than our."

"Actually," Sansa said and got up from her chair. "I think you've forgotten that all the men that claimed you as the Queen of the North are noble men with armies. We have men, we have the strength and above all we even have the free folk."

That was true, Helena had almost forgotten about that. Which is why she needed to talk to her siblings. They had one more so called friend with an army, someone Helena had negotiated with.

"The army of the dead are still coming-"

Helena shook her head. "About that," Helena said. "I need to tell you all something."

Third's POV:

He sat on his big throne and watched everyone walking around in his kingdom. There were people everywhere that looked like him. Of course, not identically like him but they had common features.

He was their King and they hailed him, they thought highly of him as they should. Yet, this King had no Queen. He became King because of who he was, because of his bloodline. Just like her, they were the same person. Except she had dragons, possessing dragons was something he didn't think was possible any longer.