Chapter 8~ Royal Helena

Helena felt like her lungs were being drowned, she was scared.

This was the first time she would attend a dinner with the King,Queen and other nobles alone. Not to mention, she would sit by their table. 

Helena did not want to sit at their table, she did not want to attend a dinner without her father... For all she knew, she just wanted to die right here. She couldn't possibly find the strength to open the door to the dinner room. 

"Go on, love," the Septa said. "You look mesmerizing." But looking good wasn't any of her concerns. 

She did not want to face the Queen nor the King or their ugly son. Helena wanted to be left alone. 

But before she even knew it, the Septa had opened the doors and pushed her softly inside, closing the doors behind her, which made Helena want to run right back and draw the Septa along with her. 

However, the minute she was in the dining room, all looks were on her. 

So all she could really do, was walk towards her table. 

The lovely violet dress was so beautifully put on Helena's body that no man in the room could keep their eyes away from her. However, it was not her body that dragged the attention. 

Helena's face looked so bright and lovely, her eyes shining as she put her mask of happiness on. Her violet dress matched her almost violet eyes with specks of blue. Her hair was loose, two strand of her hair put behind her head into two beautiful braids that rested on her loose wavy hair. 

Helena saw the King first, since his look was the one she could find first. Out of all people, Helena found a liking into the King most. He was kind to her and unlike the others he was truly happy to have her here. 

Without noticing, Helena found herself sitting at the table with the King and Queen and the prince. Her betrothed. 

"You look lovely, lady Stark." Cersei suddenly said, catching Helena's eyes. Without wanting to, Helena smiled and thanked the Queen politely, telling her how beautiful the Queen was. Of course, Cersei liked to hear this. 

Cause she knew that Helena meant none of it. 

"Lady?" King Robert said and laughed. "Fuck that! She's a bloody Queen! You may not be married to my son yet, but you are a true Queen, Helena!" For some reason, Helena smiled truly this time. 

King Robert wasn't that bad, he was a jerk to his wife indeed, but she deserved it... 

"You do look lovely, Helena." Joffrey suddenly applied to her, sitting oddly close to her and watching her even more closely. 

Helena smiled towards Joffrey, a smile that disgusted her. "Thank you, my Prince."

"Joffrey." he said and smiled. "You shall call me Joffrey, no titles." Helena nodded, forgetting that he had asked her of this before. 

Suddenly, the King wanted everyone's attention. And just as he wished, everyone's attention turned to him.

The Queen looked like she wanted to kill Helena, and she had an idea why... She had a feeling that the Queen would have more of a reason in just seconds. 

"Listen up!" the King ordered as he started to point to Joffrey. "In a few weeks, my son will be king! He will have the empire of the seven kingdoms in his hands! Do I trust him with that? Well, not alone!" He burst out in laughter and as did everyone else. 

Joffrey clearly didn't laugh, he looked quite irritated with his father. Helena, however, could not help but tear a smile on her face, hiding it from Joffrey.

"However..."  King Robert looked at Helena and his eyes became narrowed. It was like a realization hit him as he looked at her. It was like when he looked at her, he gained some kind of confidence and a deep respect. 

"Helena of House Stark, legitimized on my command, the most beautiful woman known to mankind, daughter of Lord Eddard Stark, will help my son rule. Helena will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. The bravest, kindest and most beautiful Queen we've had."

Three Weeks later

Helena was pushed against the wall of her chambers, feeling her rib against the hard stone walls that could've very well broken her ribs. 

It was one of the guards, and Helena knew that this guard was always following the Queen and the Prince. Indeed, Cersei was right in front of Helena's face. 

Her structured face wasn't as appealing as before, she wasn't nearly as beautiful when she looked at Helena in a jealous and mean way. Her face was pure evil, a bit like Joffrey's. 

"If you think you can take over once you marry Joff, you're wrong." Helena eyed the Queen, trying not to do anything stupid. 

But from what Helena realized, Claw was already acting. He was barking, going mad, and almost opened the doors four times if it hadn't been for Helena holding the door closed. 

"I'm not trying anything." Helena said, gritting her teeth. 

"You can't fool me little girl," Cersei said. "I don't like you, never will, I could have you killed in your sleep-"

"But you won't." Helena's arms were suddenly shaking from the voice. Had she imagined it or was it real? It couldn't be, because that voice should not be here. Not anywhere near this horrid place. 

Helena looked behind Cersei as her shivering body seemed to loosen up by the time her eyes met his gaze. Her entire body felt like air, she literally thought she was going to pass out any minute. It didn't feel real, so she tried the same technique. 

She pinched her arms slightly, realizing this was not a dream. Yet again, this was a reality. 

Robb Stark stood behind Cersei Baratheon, eyes narrowed and furrowed, angry as ever with his direwolf right next to his side, gritting his teeth towards the guard that was holding Helena by the throat.

"How dare you place your hands on your future Queen?" Robb commanded to know like the hero that he was. "If the King found out, he would have your head on a spike." Robb said just as the guard let go of Helena, out of fear. 

Robb clearly had an impact on the guard that scared him and Helena could not blame him. 

"My Queen," Robb said. "May I ask why you're threatening my legitimized and Queen-to-be-sister?"

Cersei shook her head with a smirk on her face, her hands entwined. "No reason important enough, young boy. If you excuse me-"

Just as the Queen walked off, Robb called out. 

"If I hear you threatening my sister again," Robb said, giving the Queen a deadly look. "I will have a great talk with the King himself. Or maybe Helena should decide once she becomes Queen."

"Are you threatening me, Stark?" Cersei smirked. "I could have you killed this instant." Which was true. It was awfully wrong of Robb to threaten the Queen. That is partly why Helena did not argue. 

She played by the game no matter the pain. 

"You're threatening your sons bride, meaning you're threatening someone who the King sees valuable."

But she left. 

The Queen left, and the only thing Helena ever knew, was to see her beloved brother look at her again. 

Helena jumped into her brothers arms without any further hesitation, heart beating fast and blood pumping, thoughts inside her head moving as fast as lightning. She breathed in Robb and could almost smell Winterfell. 

"Robb!" she exclaimed happily and hugged her brother tightly, tears falling from her eyes quicker than she could progress. 

"I'm here, little sister," Robb said, embracing her. "I'm here."